29| Saiko's Comeback and Saiki's birthday

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that one looks so cute!" She said, pointing to one.

Teruhashi brightened, "Right?! That's the one I was going for, too!"

(Y/N) nodded, about to compliment Teruhashi before realizing she had something to say.

"Wai-"

"OKay then, see you later!" Teruhashi skipped away, excited to bake a cake while (Y/N) stood with her mouth agape, losing yet another opportunity to speak. 

When she returned to her seat, Saiko finally stood up from his desk and started walking around. Just as he passed by (Y/N)'s desk, a note fell from his pocket but he quickly left before (Y/N) was able to pick it up.

Meet me on the roof after school. You don't want something bad to happen again, do you, (Y/N)?

-MS

The note crunched under her clenched fist, but she took a deep breath to calm herself. 

'This man can't go any lower, can he?'

Well, Saiko could certainly surprise people with what he could do.

When class was over, (Y/N) packed her things and was about to leave when Teruhashi and Yumehara stopped her for a brief moment. 

"Hey (Y/N), are you heading to our meetup place?"

"Want to walk together?"

She hesitated, then smiled and said, "Sorry, I have something to do right now but I'll catch up with you in a bit."

They waved and left, leaving (Y/N) alone to climb up the stairs that led to the rooftop.

Opening the door, she felt a cool wind hit her face under the warm sun, signifying the start of autumn. Standing on the roof gave such a nostalgic feeling of staring at the bustling city below, the shopping district full of life as people welcomed the new season.

Basked in the sun, Metori awaited her arrival.

***

"Has anyone seen (Y/N)?"

"You sent Nendou home, right? That idiot would spoil the surprise if he knew."

"Are the preparations ready?"

The group of high schoolers huddled together, whispering amongst themselves about the upcoming event, unaware of the discussion going on in the rooftop.

"What did you want me to come here for?" (Y/N) said, not happy with seeing Saiko.

Saiko sized her up, evaluating her face before saying, "I've taken my precious time to come here alone to talk to you about Kokomi."

(Y/N)'s face scrunched up and she thought to herself, 'This again?'

"Teruhashi said she doesn't like you. Get over it!" She yelled, irritated that he still hadn't given up on Teruhashi.

An irk mark appeared on Saiko's forehead, but he waved it off and continued talking.

"I've come to make an agreement with you, at least hear me out, pleb," He used his business voice to convince (Y/N) to hear what he had to say, or rather, offer.

(Y/N) crossed her arms and lowered her eyelids. "I'm not sure I'll agree with what you have to offer," Her eyes glared at Saiko as if he were a lowly being, "but I'll hear you out if you promise to leave me alone."

Saiko grinned, his cunning fox-like eyes widening at her compliance.

"Deal."

(Y/N)'s glare loosened, and Saiko took this as an initiative to extend his arm.