1. Chapter One: Late Nights

Hey, honey
I'm sorry but I'll be home late tonight

Hey . It's okay, love, I have a lot of work to do too.

A lot of exams to correct

Wow, good luck there

Thanks, good luck to you too haha. I Love you ❤️

I love you too ❤️

~ Dante's POV ~ 

It's nearly midnight when I get home, I know she's  probably sleeping so I try to be as quiet as I can. I take off my shoes and leave them by the door as I enter, then I head to the bathroom to change my clothes. I do it in the bathroom downstairs instead of the one in our suite. 

After changing my clothes I go upstairs slowly, pretty sure I barely made a sound, I reach our bedroom's door, which is ajar, and enter. Ramona and Nero are sleeping together near the bed, and Esmee, on her side of the bed, has her back to the door. 

I walk to the bed, move the covers and lie down carefully, then I wrap my arm around Esmee and slightly touch the back of her head with my nose, taking in the scent of her hair, something that always makes me feel like everything will be okay. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, then I hear her voice. 

Hey. 

Hi, honey. Sorry for waking you up, I thought I was silent enough. 

Darling, I knew you arrived the moment you walked through the front door. 

I chuckled - And sorry for coming home so late. 

It's okay. 

Is it? Really? Aren't you even going to look at me? 

Now she chuckles and turns around to face me, lifting her head a bit so I could put my other arm beneath it. She rests her head on my arm and smiles. That sight is heaven. 

Yeah, it's okay. 

Nice… what about a kiss? 

She laughs, shaking her head, then she closes the distance between us, giving me a soft kiss on the lips. I wrap my arms closely around her. 

I missed you, my love. - she says. 

I missed you too, honey. 

She smiles again and rests her head on my chest for a minute or two before turning around again. I press myself against her back, getting as close as possible. Esmee holds my hand and starts rubbing circles with her thumb on it, she then brings my hand to her lips and kisses it. 

Goodnight, love. 

Goodnight, honey. I love you. 

I love you too. 

I kiss the back of her head and close my eyes. Oh that moment, that blissful moment where I had Esmee in my arms, feeling her heat and my hand in hers. That makes all the trouble and stress go away. That feels like heaven. Feels like home.