Chapter 6

Unedited .

________________________

chapter's song: Bravado - Lorde

Cameron's POV

"Ms. Moore, please help me find another babysitter." I rubbed my face and straightened my collar. "As usual, I'll be willing to pay double the salary."

My secretary's eyes grew wide and gasped in astonishment, "You need another one? Again?"

I gave her a curt nod.

She quickly composed herself and cleared her throat. "Yes, sir. I'll immediately arrange for another nanny."

Who would've thought that finding a nanny for two little kids, would be this fucking hard. Either way, every time, they got carried away in an ambulance or got thrown out and fired by me. They're fucking spawns of satan.

I mumbled a quick 'thank you' and grimly, I started making my way towards my office.

I stopped in the middle of my tracks when I heard Jessica's muffled giggles behind me. Curiously, I turned around and looked over her shoulders. She squealed as she clutched her pen and happily checked off today's date box on the calendar. Looking closely, I moved closer to see what was written:

"Out goes Jen and in coming Amanda..." I read out. Unaware of my presence, Jessica jumped in surprise and gave me a sheepish smile when she found me standing beside her desk.

What is this woman hiding?

I glanced back at the calendar and gave her a stern glare. "What does this mean?"

I raised my eyebrows and waited for her to reply.

"It's nothing really," she scrunched her nose and muttered. "It's just a bet I've made with the staff of how long your last nanny will last...yeah...I said 500 dollars for her not lasting a week..."

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, congratulations to you then," I replied caustically.

"Wait, but what happened this time? Was she driven mad or because she failed to seduce you and was BAM, kicked out your door?"

Images of the last nanny wearing the role play nurse bodysuit filled my mind.

Jessica snickered. "Remember the last one. Boy, was she was ferocious, she acted all vulnerable that day to just offer you a lap dance. Haha-"

"Miss Moore!" I cut her off. "If you use this spirit of gossiping on the job to find me a suitable babysitter, I'll be very grateful."

"Grateful enough to give me a raise as well?" She diffidently grinned as she rocked on her heels, hopefully wishing I'll also give her the whole firm too.

I mockingly smirked, following along before changing into my unamused demeanor. Jessica soon realized my instant change in the manner and settled herself back into her chair. I took the opportunity to go back to my office, before Jessica would start pestering about nanny or money issues.

On the way, I heard her grumble: "It's not easy to find a babysitter you know? Who asked you to change nannies faster than Elizabeth's Taylor's side baes? In three months, switched through 27 nannies." She huffed at the end.

I snorted before yelling over my shoulder. "Should I also speed up in changing secretaries too?"

Jessica sharply takes in a breath and straightened her back to look occupied, I couldn't help but to chuckle.

I took a seat in my chair and opened the folder with the new court case. The rest of the day was filled with business meetings, research and long durations on the computer. I finished typing up the last few words of the resolution and I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket.