𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"Yup"

Mickey clears his throat and says, "so, about our conversation last night . . ."

"What about it?"

"I just wanted to say thank you for trying to talk things out with me. It was nice, instead of all the fighting we do"

Maxine throws away the paper towels in her hand and says, "yup"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just—look, mick. I love you, okay? I will always have a place for you in my heart. But we are not the same people we were 11 years ago. Things change, people change"

"But why?"

"I know you hate change. It's just the way life is sometimes"

Mickey cups his ex-girlfriend's face, guiding his thumbs along her cheeks, "Max, I still love you, okay? I want to try us again. I miss you, so damn much. God, has life been miserable without you."

"Mick, please—"

"I know I fucked up, okay? I get that. But I'm here now. Trying to win you back. Because I know you still feel the same way. You have too. The love we share. That doesn't just go away"

"I know" she whispered.

🪩🪩🪩

After Hank tells Al to do a drive by on a suspect. He gathers the rest of the team, and they head out to an apartment building of a guy, nicknamed, Nick the DJ.

Antonio slams his fist on the door and shouts, "Djurovic! This is CPD"

Erin slams her fist on the door and shouts, "Chicago PD!" then they hear a woman scream and they take out their guns. Mickey kicks open the door and they go to clear the apartment to see Djurovic with three women with cake all over them.

Maxine and Erin look at each other, trying not to laugh. Djurovic removes some of the cake from his eyes, then quickly gets up, pushing one of the girls towards Lindsay and runs out to the balcony, trying to jump over it, when the dogs leash he's wearing gets stuck on the ledge, tightening itself around his neck.

"You wanna run, Nicky?" Antonio asks, as Djurovic struggles to breathe, as Maxine, Erin, Al, Mickey and Adam join Antonio out on the balcony.

"Hey, you kind of find yourself into an erotic asphyxiation situation here, bud" Adam states, "Do we pull him up?"

"Nah, just let him hang there" Antonio says.

"You have an idea, Al?"

"I think I might" Olinsky states.

A couple minutes later, Erin, Al and Adam go outside to move the trampoline underneath Djurovic, while Maxine and Mickey stay with Antonio.

"Let 'er rip" Erin calls out. Antonio takes out his knife and cuts the leash, making the man fall through the trampoline.

"Well, that didn't work" Al states, as he, Erin and Adam move the trampoline from on top of the suspect.