Reassurance

Everyone was distraught on the ship.

Ace's POV

I've seen this lady before. Right! She came here when we first arrived. She talked to Pops and I guess I have an idea of what she came to say. I'm really worried about her. I'm sure she is... I don't even know. I mean I know how fathers can be difficult, but this is different. 

Normal POV

Whitebeard seemed to be oddly relieved at the final words that were spoken by you. I guess it gave him some comfort knowing that you didn't fully hate him. He was obviously worried. V was heartbroken at the words you had said, but besides that, she was worried about you. About how you found out the truth. Both of them were filled with mixed emotions.

"Errmm, what just happened?" said Marco looking at Whitebeard

"I didn't even she was your daughter or you had a biological child. I mean I understand, but she's family, huh?" he said scratching his head and smiling at Whitebeard. 

This made him smile. He was worried about how the crew would respond but looking at Marco's reaction he was a little relieved and happy. 

"Vivian, what devil fruit did (y/n) eat?" asked Whitebeard looking at her.

She sighed and lifted her head and said, " Oh, that's right! It completely slipped my mind. It happened when she was 3 years old. She found a weird-looking fruit when she was wandering the woods and uhh... ate it. Lili was devastated. Ha, she just wanted a normal life for her and then she ate some random-looking fruit she'd found." She looked a little happy as she thought about the day it happened.

As she continued, "she ate the water-water fruit. As the name implies she can control and manipulate water. The thing is that it can be a body of water or the water particles found in the clouds above us. That explains the waves, clouds and uh.. the wings. The last time it was this bad was well when Lili died. The sky was darker than anything any of us had seen. The waves almost swallowed the island whole". Everyone looked shocked at the sheer power 8 years old held.  

"Her emotions play a large role. She doesn't like to fight or confrontation, really. She's a simple and kind-hearted girl. When her mother died, she didn't accept help from me or the others. She is stubborn and self-righteous. Much like Lili and I guess you too, Ed. So, she doesn't use her powers very often to make her life easier. It goes against everything she believes. The loneliness and solitude she spent after her mother's death made her stronger than any kid her age. Strong-willed and unwavering." She while smiling and looking at the sky. She looked proud. 

She lit a cigarette. Everyone was listening carefully as was Ace.

"She may be small (5'6") and look helpless, but she'll knock any pirate straight on his ass before taking any crap. Your absence and Lili's death made her stronger. For better or for worst. HAHA, don't worry. She doesn't hate any of you. She's like that. She's not the best at expressing herself. On usual days she laughs and has the brightest smile on the island. You wouldn't know she was a girl suffering in silence. The years have made her mother's death less well,  painful. She's come to terms with it. I'm proud of her for that. So, that's why I'm sure she'll be fine. After all, she's gaining you, Ed, not losing you. She just has to sort out her feelings and she'll be back. " She said while getting up and walking over to Whitebeard. She touched his hand and said with a slight smile "it's nice seeing you, Ed!".

Vivian's reassurance made Whitebeard a little more relaxed. The night progressed with less noise and joy. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys,

I have writer's block now. So, I'm not sure how this story will go, but don't worry I'll try to keep it interesting. Sorry btw, I know it's supposed to be an Ace x Reader story. I'm trying to set up the story. Don't fret! I won't leave you guys stranded :) 

Have a nice day.