8: leaving lonesome flats... or not at all

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I see Poppy, Biggie and Branch in colorful, glittery clothing in the town square, singing. It feels like my heart stops.
-Poppy what are you doing? Get out of there! I hiss... but of course she doesn't hear me, as she starts to sing.
-Yo I tell you what I want, what I really, really want!, Poppy sings loudly.

-So tell me what you want, what you really, really want, Branch and Biggie answers.

-I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want, Poppy sings again.

-So tell me what you want, what you really, really want, Biggie and Branch starts dancing.

-I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)
I wanna really, really, really wanna zig-a-zig ah, Poppy ends that song. I let out a breath, thinking the gods that she's done.

-Who, who, who, who, Who let the dogs out? Biggie sings. I spoke to soon.

-Who, who, who, who? Who let the dogs out? Who, who, who, who? Biggie sings and takes random townspeople and dances around them. My face starts heating up in embarrassment and I put my hat over my face.

-It's such a good vibration, Poppy sings as she opens a toilet stall and grabs... toilet paper? Her, Branch and Biggie throws it out on the people and I wince as one roll lands on the lady troll, who looks beyond pissed.

-It's such a sweet sensation, Poppy ends.
-oppa gangnam style! Branch starts immediately. Oh no, no, no, no! Not this song!

-Yeah, yeah, Gangnam style! Oh, oh, oh, oh, Oppa gangnam style! Poppy and Branch dances the Gangnam style through town and as I turn my head to look away I see Biggie Burlesque dancing on a wooden railing!

-Hey, pretty girl, whatcha doin' tonight? Biggie kicks all the glasses on the railing off and shakes his booty around. I look horrified back at Poppy and Branch who are continuing the Gangnam style.
-gangnam style! They shout.
-I wanna see what you've got in store! Biggie splits on the railing and puts his butt in a mans face.
-oppa gangnam style! Poppy yells.

-Party rock is in the house tonight! They all sing. Well at least Gangnam style is over, I huff.
-Come on! Poppy yells out and peps the townsfolk. Well I can tell you, they're not very amused.
-Everybody just have a good time! The continue the song.
-where you at, partiers? Poppy notices that no one joins them so she tries again.

-Party rock is in the house tonight! We just wanna see ya!
-Tell 'em, Poppy, Branch encourages.
-shake that! Poppy ends the song.

..... It's quiet... it means it's over... thank god.
-You suck! A man yells... the town was empty once again.

But the lady troll grabs them and throws them in a cell. I follow closely behind, but not suspiciously close.
I can hear her scolding them from this house corner.
-Now I want y'all to sit in there and think about what you have done! The lady troll points at them through the bars.
-That was a crime against music! She says offended. I take a deep breath in.
-No wait! I'm here to warn you about queen Barb and the rock trolls! I can hear Poppy yell and I see her hands holding the bars. The lady troll scoffs.
-Sweetie, I've already heard about queen Barb and her fancy world tour, she says the last part sarcastically.
-Now if you excuse me, the lady troll smiles and brings out her banjo again.
-I gotta wash what you call music... out of my ears, her smile falters at the end as she glares at them and turns back into town.

As she walks a tiny troll pops out of her hair and I gasp in surprise. A guy next to me eyes me suspiciously and I laugh awkwardly and tip my hat again and I walk away.
-You in real trouble now! Right aunt Delta? The tiny troll ask as I walk by them and cower behind another house so that I can look into the cell.
-Keep an eye on them, Growly Pete! The lady troll, which I guess is "aunt Delta" says.
-Yeah! The tiny troll cheers.
-Growly growly growl, growly growl, Growly Pete says.
-No! Music should bring us together, not divide us! Poppy shouts as he almost shakes the bars of the cell. I huff in annoyance. Well how am I supposed to get them out now?

I watch as Poppy turns back into the shadows of the cell, so I cannot hear them talk and I cannot see them either. As time goes on, a strange country troll ties a rope around his midriff and the other end to the cell door. I look closely at him, before he takes off and the door snaps off it's hinges and Poppy falls out with it. I gasp.

-It ain't right that you're put in jail just because your music is different, he says.
-It seems people around here doesn't appreciate a rad medley when they hear one, he then continues to say as Poppy stands up.
-Let's skedaddle, he says.
-Yes! Mission back on! Branch you can stop saving us! We're out! Poppy says and I see Biggie, Branch and mr.Dinkles pop their heads out of the ground. Poppy then immediately hops onto the strangers back and Branch walks out.
-Poppy, you don't even know who this is! Branch insists... and I agree.
-I'm Poppy, what's your name? Poppy asks.
-Name's Hickory, the stranger says.
-Hickory, this is Branch, Branch this is Hickory, Poppy says. Biggie then hops onto the door.
-Enough with the formalities, let's go! Biggie shouts.
-And this is mr Dinkles by the way, Biggie says and mr Dinkles squeaks a greeting.

Suddenly I see Delta bust out of a house, along with some other townspeople, and she looks angry about the commotion.
-I said let's skedaddle! Hickory says and rushes away. Branch is left standing.
-Go get 'em Clampers! Delta says and brings out the kid in her hair. The kid immediately rushes towards Branch, showing her enormous teeth. Branch immediately rushes off.
-This was my plan C by the way! Branch yells as he lands awkwardly on the door next to Biggie. I rush after as fast as I can.
-Poppy! I yell and she looks back at me.
-Y/N! Where did you go back there, we needed you! Poppy says hurt. She looks confused at me.
-I uh... Uhm, eh, I..., I loose speed and slow down, as Delta and her people rush after them. I watch as they disappear further and further away... then as townspeople come out of their houses and look scared at me, I immediately run and hide behind a barrel again before Delta comes back. She was a scary lady.

..... And now I'm stuck here. Alone. Great.....