[1] - 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘳?

Start from the beginning

"As have I." Y/N tried to play it off, but unbeknownst to him, so was Wanda, "Today, we are celebrating..."

"You bet we are. It's the first time we..."

Y/N leaned on the island in the middle of the kitchen, "Mmm-hmm."

Wanda continued as she also leaned over the island, "...have ever celebrated this occasion before."

Y/N nodded, "It's a special day."

"Perhaps an evening..."

"Of great significance."

"To us both!"

"Naturally."

"Obviously."

"Exactly." Y/N said and leaned over to kiss Wanda on the lips, "Well done, us."

Y/N parted and went over to the table to grab his briefcase, "Well, that's me off to work, then."

"Don't forget your hat." Wanda called out as he walked over to the door.

"I won't." He took the hat from the hanger and put it on. He blew a kiss towards Wanda, who playfully caught it which made him smile.

"Have a good day, dear!" Y/N bid farewell, and left the house.

Wanda walked over to the calendar and bit her thumb as she tried to remember what the heart was for. Suddenly, she heard a knock at the front door and walked over to see who it was. Upon opening it, she saw a woman in a plaid dress holding a plant to give as a gift.

"Hello, dear. I'm Agnes, you're neighbor to the right." She gleefully spoke, "My right, not yours. Forgive me for not stopping by sooner to welcome you to the block."

• • •

WITH A SIGH, Y/N placed the stack of papers on his co-worker's table, "Here are those computation forms that you requested, Norm."

"Nice work, Y/N!" Norm basically cheered, "I got to say, once you arrived business has never been better."

"Thanks." Y/N placed his hands on his waist and looked around, "But I still don't know what we do here exactly. Do we make something?"

"No." Norm replied.

"Right. Do we buy or sell something?"

"No and no."

"Then what is the purpose of this company?"

Norm smiled, "All I know is, like I said, productivity has skyrocketed to 300% since you've gotten here."

Y/N nodded and replied, "Computing this data is fairly easy. I guess it runs in the family...my brother is basically a walking computer."

"I bet he'd be a great addition to this company." Norm said.

"He would be." Y/N then remembered Vision was visiting soon, and upon remembering that he also remembered that today was supposed to be a special day. He sat on the edge of his desk as he looked down.

"What's got you all gloomy, Y/N?" Norm asked.

"Well, it appears there's something special about today, special to Wanda, that's my wife, and gee...I can't, for the life of me, recall what it is."

The two of them began to wonder together, but then the door near them opened and they sat back at their desks. Their boss, Mr. Hart, walked over to Y/N's desk.

"Mr. L/N."

"Yes?"

"Wife and I are looking forward to this evening."