• Chapter 22 •

Start from the beginning

"Because I'd be willing to sacrifice anyone and anything to save you. You and Octavia are my responsibilities. But I don't think Clarke, Finn, or Monty would want anyone dying to try and save them. And I doubt we could save them without, at best, a few casualties on our side." Bellamy explained and Julia uncrossed her arms, sighing in frustration.

"I hate this." Julia said, referring to their situation being unable to go and rescue Finn and Clarke and Monty.

"I know, Jules. I do too." Bellamy said before nodding in the direction he was about to go before starting off that way, motioning for her to join him.

Julia walked beside Bellamy as they headed back toward the main part of the camp. "If they're not dead, then I think the best chance we have of rescuing them is after we defeat the grounder army. Then we'll go after them, okay?" Bellamy asked and Julia nodded.

That's when noise started coming through Bellamy's walkie-talkie. It was Jasper's voice. "It's cool." He spoke, but it didn't seem directed at Bellamy as neither he or Julia knew that he was talking about.

But Jasper's voice was soon followed by Murphy's. "No, it's not. Julia can't know. And you know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy."

Julia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and concern as she shared a glance with Bellamy before he brought his walkie-talkie up to his mouth. "Tell Bellamy what?"

"Give me the radio, Jasper." Murphy ordered him, sounding frustrated and annoyed. There was a moment of silence before Jasper's voice came through again, sounding slightly panicked and rushed.

"Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles." Jasper spoke, though the end came through kind of muffled. Bellamy and Julia quickly headed towards the drop ship.

Julia couldn't believe what she was hearing. Murphy wouldn't have done that. I mean, Myles was the one who tied the noose when Murphy was hung, but he still wouldn't have killed him... would he?

"Murphy, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy demanded through the radio right before they heard a creaking.

The siblings looked ahead to see the drop ship door starting to close. They broke out in a run towards it, but they were too late. It closed.

"Murphy! Murphy! Open the damn door!" Bellamy shouted through the closed entrance. "You try to be a hero, Jasper dies." Murphy's voice responded and Julia felt lightheaded.

What the hell was happening?

"Julia, try and talk to him. If there's anyone he's going to let talk him down, it's you." Bellamy told her in a low voice, not wanting Murphy or anyone else to hear. Although she felt lightheaded, Julia nodded.

"Murphy, it's Julia! Whatever happened, we can fix this. But first, you have to open the door and let Jasper out, okay?" Julia shouted, hoping that her words would reach him.

An angry shout came from inside, followed by loud banging and things hitting the floor. Julia knew he was frustrated at the situation and that he didn't want Julia there to see him like that.

There was a pause before Murphy shouted. "It's too late to fix it now!"

Julia shook her head, despite knowing that he couldn't see her doing so. "No, it's not! But if you hurt or kill Jasper, it will be, so please, come out and we can talk about this! Jasper is your friend, remember?"