Found but Lost

They found him. They finally found him. He was sitting there on the battlefield, taking the support of a rock. He was alive. He had been shot by six bullets-one on his thigh, three on his chest and two on his stomach. His head was severely wounded and blood was continuously trickling out of it. It appeared as if he had vomited out blood. But still he was alive.

'Oh my God!', Sanders could not control his emotions. Tears from his eyes started rolling down his cheeks. He kneeled down in front of John, hung his head low and started weeping. He was extremely gutted for his actions the other night.

John tried to make an attempt to rise up but all he could manage was to face Sanders and kneel in front of him . Sanders and John now faced really close to each other.

'Sir-......sir-...', John tried to speak something with difficulty but he fell in the arms of Sanders with his head on the right shoulder of the latter.

'Say brother', he said to John, trying to control his sob.

John moved closer to the ear of Sanders and said, 'I may be am an arse, Cap, but am not a coward'. These were the last words of Corporal Jonathan Tyler . He grunted, coughed out some more blood and finally succumbed to his injuries. It appeared as if he had been holding his life only to say those words to him. Captain Sanders could not help but held him tight in his arms and went on weeping fretfully.

Anthony McAfee stood there the whole time, witnessing the painful scene. He was also sobbing. He hung his head down in respect for that young lad who showed them all the values of courage and patriotism. He then looked up, spread his eyes across the horizon, and then looked at the rising sun for a considerable amount of time. He didn't say anything but it appeared as if his eyes said-

Why? Why do we fight? To watch all these destructions and loss of lives? To see how our bravest men die fighting for their country selflessly? This world is for all. We must all respect it and should not fight among us. What does this enmity bring? It brings only sorrow. Nothing else. We only lose men like Jonathan Tyler.