"What are you doing to my sister?" The little one suddenly asked, grabbing both of our attention. The nurse didn't seem the least bit annoyed by her question so I allowed her to do all the talking.

"I'm checking her blood pressure,"  she informed her with a small smile before reading the numbers on the device as the pad on my arm deflated. After a few seconds, she unbound it and took it off of me.

"How does that work?"  My sister continued with her interrogation as the nurse moved on to the next piece of equipment. This one was a lot smaller and she instructed me to hold out my index finger as she swiped a wet cotton ball over it to disinfect the area. I won't lie, I think I might have peed myself a little at the sight of a tiny yet shiny blade she then took out of a small container.

"Well, did you see the black cuff I had on Aurora's arm?" My sister nodded at the nurse's question, her hazel eyes wide with curiosity as she followed the tiny blade movements that were carefully being placed into a small meter reader. "So I just fill that up with air and it prevents blood from flowing in that area. I then wait for it to slowly deflate and as it does, your sister would have felt heartbeat-like vibrations in her arm. Do you know what that's called?"

"A pulse!" She answered confidently.

"Ah, you are very smart." The nurse complimented her and I was actually beginning to feel a little proud too.

But then a boring look overcame her little face and I knew all too well what was coming, "No, but you just eventually learn a thing or two when Rory is always panic-studying for a test at breakfast every morning."

"Shut your mouth, Raquel," I warned her smart ass as I flung my hospital pillow at her. Luckily for her, she ducked at the last second, completely missing my shot. She stuck her tongue out at me sassily and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways," The nurse laughed at our banter and I didn't realize she had already taken a sample of my blood until I looked down and saw a little Shrek band-aid wounded tightly around my finger.

"Niceee," I smirked, admiring it.

"Those vibrations are transferred to the cuff as it deflates and they're converted into electrical signals that I can read." The nurse continued with her explanation. She seemed genuinely interested in discussing the operation of her nerd-vices but Raquel was already losing interest.

"Sounds complicated," My little sister sighed, hopping off the chair and peeking through the blinds for our mom outside. I guess that was her way of saying there would no longer be any more questions from her.

The nurse was smart enough to catch on to this and dismissed my sister's antics with a light chuckle. She then turned to me and handed me a small styrofoam cup, an all too natural smile on her face as she said, "I'm gonna need a urine sample now."

I made a disgusted face at her, internally cringing, "Do you really?"

"Mhm," She hummed, the fakest apologetic look in her eyes. "Or do you need some water first?"

"No, it's okay," I sighed and swung my legs over the edge of the bed to get up. "My mom forced like a bucket of it down my throat since we got here this morning."

"Great, I'll leave you to it."

I excused myself to the cramped bathroom to the right of the room and quickly did my business. I don't think I've ever wished I was a male, like ever, but when it came to peeing in cups, let's just say I wasn't the best aimer. I took more time cleaning up my mess than I did actually making it. I carefully washed my hands after and returned the styrofoam cup to the nurse.