A Little Accident

The sirens rang faint in the distance as you squirmed agonisingly in the backseat of a blacked out four-by-four, hitting at least 90mph down the alley. You held your right arm to your left shoulder, squeezing in an attempt to slow the bleeding. The ache was practically unbearable, you rocked back and forth slowly, swearing occasionally between pants.
"For fucks sake please just let me help, Y/N."
Peter reached over the seat and pulled you towards him by your leg and although you struggled away from him, he kept a firm grasp on you with his bulky left arm wiping the blood from his streaming nose with his right.
"Fuck off and let go of me."
He forcibly shoved you back into your corner, so much so that your shoulder had made contact with the inners of the car door. Your breath hitched at the sharp pain as Peter folded his arms and fixed his stare to the passing objects outside the window. He hated your stubbornness and found your adamant unwillingness to heed aid rather neurotic. This was most likely because Tony scolded him every time you returned injured even though a lot of the time it was unpreventable and certainly not Peter's fault. Every time you tried to reason with your father, you'd realised it was a battle you'd never win. Anyways, there was other team members - Pietro, Carol, Rhodey and Maria. Why he hyper fixated on Peter, you'd never understand.

The car was rolling slowly into the secluded bush, as the scenery around you spread into an opening. The driver read the mission update to your father before you heard Tony's voice blaring through the speakers of the car. 
"Get her to the Left Wing EMT and bring Peter to me, please."
You leant through the gap between the seats as Peter jumped to your aid, securing you by your waist. You pressed the transmission key before slouching and speaking weakly.
"Dont bother, dad. It wasn't his fault."
You slumped into the back seat, Peter taking you in his arms as the driver opened the door. You had lost a significant amount of blood and were continuing to lose.
Peter ran through the Emergency Halls and lowered you into a bed. You reached out to him as your father made himself known in the room - he took your hand as your vision timed out and the surroundings turned black.

You woke to Tony by your side, gently running his thumb across your hand as you came round. Peter must've left by now. He had mentioned something about some time with aunt May.
"I hope you didn't give Peter a hard time, dad."
He nodded and pursed his lips.
"Of course sweetheart, you said it wasn't his fault. I believe you."
You laid your head back against the pillow before turning to look at the freshly stitched wound on your shoulder.
"I really hate that you insist on going to raids and missions."
You smiled at him, taking his hand in yours once again.
"You only hate it because I'm your daughter."
He nodded agreeably, before standing from his seat and kissing your forehead.
"Your mother will be down when they dispatch you. Get some rest, please."
As he turned to open the door and exit, you called a request his way.
"Please, dad. Don't blame Peter."
He flashes you a thumbs up before exiting the room, leaving you to rest.

You wake much later, feeling significantly recharged with the ache in your shoulder having subsided. Pepper left you a note with fruit in a covered bowl, next to a tall glass of water. The setting had changed, you'd been moved from the ward to the holding rooms - a much more comfortable environment. You sat up, adjusting your vest as a knock rang through the room. Pepper entered, alongside a gorgeous red-head, dressed in a blood-red leather jacket, dark jeans and scuffed boots.
"Hey, mom."
You swung your legs off the edge of the bed, Pepper helping you up and slapping you lightly on the back of the head.
"You never take care of yourself."
You laughed, pulling her into your side as her head rested on your shoulder. Both your parents were significantly shorter than you, despite being years your senior.
The red-head stepped forward, clearing her throat nervously as she twisted the rings on her index finger.
You turned, removing yourself from your mother before looking her up and down.
"This is Wanda. You promised you'd meet her today, remember ?"
Pepper nudged you forward as Wanda held out her hand, gesturing for a shake. You smirked at her courtesy before pulling her into a startled embrace.
"I do apologise that your first impression of me has gone down this way."
She rubbed her hands into the small of your back, breathing lightly into your neck.
"No need to apologise, you look...great."
Pepper moved past you both, raising her brow at you before closing the door behind her. You pulled back from Wanda, holding her before you with your hands gripping her shoulders. Her stare remained fixed to the floor, refusing to make eye contact with you.
"Hey, why won't you look at me."
You spoke with a giggle, lifting her chin with your finger, forcing her eyes up to yours. Her cheeks grew hot, her face flushed under your gaze.
"You're pretty intimidating y'know."
Her accent was thick Sokovian, mirroring Pietro's. You got on well with him, so hoped that Wanda would be similar.

You lifted the fruit bowl, pushing the note into your pocket before holding out your arm for Wanda to wrap herself round. She held your bicep in her hand, walking by your side as you led her out the room and through the halls.
"Where are we going ?"
She looked up at you, her eyes as wide as her grin.
"Somewhere a little more picturesque than the Emergency Ward." 
You found it odd, being immediately enthralled by her. You constantly struggled with trust issues and everyone you'd met out-with your parents bidding had complained about it. You took your time becoming comfortable with another person and often by the time you had, they'd have reached their threshold with regards to your damaged bullshit. Perhaps you should've heeded your parents advice and allowed them to introduce you to Wanda sooner.
You took a sharp left after descending in the elevator and opened the passenger door to a black Chevrolet. She grinned at you before taking her place, smirking as you slid playfully across the hood of the car and into the driver's seat. You leant over and pulled her hand onto the gear stick, intertwining yours above hers as you shifted the vehicle into drive and sped across the extensive compound.

You drove through the cobbled paths, passing the outer barrier and making your way to the gated residency in which you call home.
"This place is incredible."
She gawked at the quaint landscape of your designated abode. Naturally, you had suggested that the area which is yours be scattered with beautiful flowers and greenery, a small duck pond home to frogs and fish with numerous cherry blossom trees and a secluded swinging bench. Your house was compiled of sandstone, with marble floors and a pillared balcony on the upper level. The ground floor harboured a sliding bay window which led to the back garden. A deep sapphire swimming pool reflected the light, scattered with beige rock lining the outers. Your place was a definitive contrast to the others which your father had designed. Tony often opted for a more modern, minimalistic appearance - you, not so much.

You stopped the car in your drive, the gates closing behind you as you stepped out the car, rushing round to grab Wanda.
"You're so polite."
She bit her bottom lip, giggling a little as you took her hand in yours, leading the way to your front door.
"Does that surprise you ?"
"No...no."
You led her inside and ensured she was comfortable. You offered her a spare room to freshen up and demonstrated your way round the house. As you excused yourself, you changed out of your scruffy work attire and into a silky white shirt, open at the front, paired with a deep burgundy shade of dress trouser. Downstairs, you met Wanda, who was perched at a barstool with a drink already in hand. She had changed into a tight silk dress, an intense green that mirrored her eyes. Her legs were crossed and you noticed she had switched out the boots for an excessive high heel. She turned at the noise of your footsteps against the marble.
"You seem like a vodka girl. Are you ?"
You took the seat adjacent her, resting your hand upon her thigh, lifting the glass with your other, taking a sip.
"You'd be correct."
She shied away from the heat of your stare, once again focusing on the floor before speaking.
"So, tell me about what you do."