"It depends on where you are."

I heard his car door closing and him walking.

I hummed, "Did you ever go on the-"

"Finally you're here," a familiar voice said in the background.

"Is that Cind-"

"I have to go. I'll talk to you later Belle."

"Bye Lee tell-"

The line went dead.

"Tell Cindy I say hi," I mumbled to myself.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Vacuuming is the worst cleaning chore and no one can change my mind.

However, dusting is the best.

I walked to the living room finally preparing myself for whatever might be there. My heart dropping to my feet seeing the smashed red butterfly I got when I turned seven.

It was the only birthday present I could remember getting, and now it laid beneath my feet broken and scattered.

Crouching down I picked it up piece by piece making sure I got as much as I could. I placed them in a bag reminding myself to try and fix it later. 

I stared down at the plastic bag recalling the memory.

。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。

I skip out of the classroom, my sundress swaying as I did so.

Sydney Miller stopped me handing a clay butterfly that was messily painted with red, "Here."

"For me?"

"It's your birthday," she stated.

I grinned, "Thank you."

She didn't say anything else before shooting me a smile and running off to her bus, as I slipped it carefully into my backpack to ensure it wouldn't break before walking off.

As I got home I rushed to my room placing it on my dresser where I knew it would be safe. It's the most valuable thing I own now.

I sat back downstairs waiting for Ted to get home. When he did finally arrive, he told me it was time I went to bed and nothing more was said.

。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。

Shaking my head I went back to my previous cleaning dancing along to the music to make the time go by faster.

I have thought about becoming a part time housekeeper for extra money, I hate cleaning too much to commit to it unfortunately.

Why do we never talk about how scary butterflies look up close?

Sliding over to the kitchen I made the best dinner I could before escaping through the back door, hearing a car door slam shut along with bright lights making their way through the window curtains.

I walked along the now empty streets humming until I reached the destination I was originally trying to get to, the coffee shop that was open 24/7.