32. In The End - II

Začít od začátku

"I will miss you. I will miss you so much it will kill me... but I promise... I promise will never cross your path, Shen Wei... I don't deserve..." before he could complete, his lips were taken into possession.

At first, Yunlan was surprised, his eyes widened in disbelieve but then gave in to the sweet taste of the lips amateurishly nibbling on his own. Shen Wei was never so eager, never so desperate.

Both Yunlan and Shen Wei smiled through tears when finally, they parted.

Ye Zun watched from the doorway. It gave him immense joy to see them together. But then it saddened him when Yunlan and Shen Wei reminded him of Lee and himself.

He silently left.

Shen Wei and Yunlan were one more time together and this time, their bond was stronger than ever. For how long, nobody knew.

Shen Wei was always by Yunlan's side. He took care of Yunlan with all his heart. He helped him walk, he helped him with his physiotherapy. He brought Yunlan's favourites. He tried giving Yunlan all the happiness he could. He even sneaked into Yunlan's bed at nights and slept by his side.

"So... mh-h-h-I asked h-h-h-you to have...?" Shen Wei suddenly looked embarrassed.

"You did," Yunlan smiled.

Both laid on their sides, glued to each other, never leaving the sight of one another's eyes. Yunlan was at peace to have Shen Wei so close and Shen Wei, he was relishing every moment with Yunlan, he was loving Yunlan with all his heart like it was his last opportunity to do it.

"I'm mh-h-h-sorry?" Shen Wei finally spoke, his voice mere whisper.

Yunlan smiled. Shen Wei was beautiful, inside out, and Yunlan could not help himself admiring. He softly caressed Shen Wei's cheek with the tip of his fingers as if caressing a delicate flowerbed.

 He softly caressed Shen Wei's cheek with the tip of his fingers as if caressing a delicate flowerbed

"What?" Shen Wei innocently asked when found Yunlan looking so intently into his eyes.

"I want to make love to you, Shen Wei."

Shen Wei's smile vanished; he was suddenly nervous. The innocence made Yunlan chuckle.

"You will be the death of me, Xiao Wei." He hugged Shen Wei closer.

Shen Wei's heart skipped a beat on the words. He buried himself deeper in the embrace, realising that this warmth of Yunlan's arms would not be here. He hugged back tighter; tears escaped his eyes but did not dare to break down. He could not, not in front of Yunlan.

He waited for Yunlan to sleep and when finally, he was fast asleep, Shen Wei sneaked into the bathroom.

With both his hands, he muffled the pained sobs as he cried. The pain in his chest was unbearable. He was not ready to let Yunlan go. How can he?! Shen Wei spent his entire life in hatred. Yunlan was the first person to love him. and now he was going to lose that love too. The grief was unmatched.