24. Love or Obsession

It was always a new morning whenever Shen Wei woke up next to Zhao Yunlan. But he now found it far better than getting up all alone and on the floor. The last thing he remembered was awkward-spooning Yunlan and now when he woke up, it was Yunlan spooning him with his arms around his body. Surprisingly, it was not alarming at all. In the past few days, he had gotten used to it when on many nights, he hyperventilated to sleep with his face buried in Yunlan's chest, seeking comfort from the person who used to hate him.

He carefully removed Yunlan's arm and got up.

He wore his glasses and looked back at Yunlan. Shen Wei often wondered what relationship he shared with this person. How could he end up with him on the same bed, in his arms when they had nothing for each other? He shook his head. He did not have an answer to it.

He got up but his eyebrows creased to see something on the floor. He crouched down to have a better look, his eyes swelled.

Last Night

Yunlan threw Shen Wei's phone on the floor with all the energy and then jumped on it, taking out all his frustration on the phone as if it was not the phone but Lin Jing himself.

But right after he was voicelessly crying and jumping holding his hurt foot while Shen Wei slept peacefully, a small sleepy smile on his face.

Back to present

"I... I accidentally stepped on it."

Shen Wei turned to see a pouting Yunlan holding the pillow close to his chest, trying to look as innocent as possible. Shen Wei opened his mouth to say something but before he could say anything Yunlan quickly spoke.

"I will get you a new one."

Shen Wei looked down at the broken pieces of his phone and then at a pouting Yunlan. He could only nod.

"Mh-h-h-it is okay." He gently spoke with a small reassuring smile.

While the naïve Shen Wei bought it, mastermind Zhao Yunlan had schemed a grand plan to get rid of the nuisance named Lin Jing, once and for all.

#1 The person you are trying to call has an overly protective and jealous husband. Beware!

Yunlan smiled angelically while handing the new phone to Shen Wei, the very next day

"It even has a new number. I have saved mine already," Yunlan grinned wide, "and the speed dial is already set. Mine is number 1."

Shen Wei gave him a small hesitant smile and kept the phone in his pocket. Only if he knew that this new SIM Yunlan got him had Lin Jing blacklisted.

Yunlan smiled wide to realise that Shen Wei now had a phone which could never connect to Lin Jing.

#2 Zhao Yunlan is very territorial

Zhao Yunlan accompanied Shen Wei everywhere.

Zhao Yunlan was Shen Wei's shadow. He clung to Shen Wei like an evil spirit, following him everywhere he went. Though he looked more like a puppy following his master.