They both extended their hand demanding my phone. The lady's hand was literally into my nose.

I took out my phone and googled 'J Gaming'. I hope I find any contact number of Jay. There was a visiting card's image having Jay's number in it. I typed looking at it and saved it as 'Jay'.

"Why do you take so long to call?" The woman tried peeping into my phone and I handed it to her immediately after calling him.

The man kept my phone in his ears and I prayed that Jay doesn't ask who it was, the moment he takes the phone. Or else they will know that my husband didn't save my number.

"Hello." The man said over the phone and looked at me. "What is your name?" He asked me.

"Amaira." I said.

"Is this Amaira's husband?" He asked Jay.

After getting a reply he continued, " Your wife got into a minor accident. She is perfectly fine except for some injuries. Please come and get her. Me and my wife will look after her until you come. We are in the four point junction at beach road." He dumped all the information at once.

"Okay." The man said and gave the phone to me. I looked at him confused and he said, "Your husband wants to speak with you."

I got nervous the moment he said that. If at all the couple wouldn't judge me, I would have pushed the phone back to them, signalling to say I was not there. I do that whenever my mom says that to any of her relatives while speaking over the phone, that she will give the phone to me.

"Hello." I said tensed.

"Are you okay?" His question calmed me down somehow.

"Yeah. I'm good. I can manage to come home. You need not bother." I said afraid that I would be a burden.

"You stay right there. Look if there are any shops nearby. If there is anything, go and sit inside. The weather is unusually cold today." He said. My heart skipped a beat on hearing his concern-coated words.

"Okay." I said automatically.

After about ten minutes I saw Jay's car speeding up towards us. I was sitting inside a departmental store along with the couple. I had texted Jay, the exact location and the name of the shop since he asked for it.

"Are you her husband?" The woman asked Jay as soon as he entered the store.

"Yeah Mam. Thank you so much for looking after her." He said and bowed to them.

"Be careful to not let her alone, late at night again." She advised him.

"Sure mam. I'll see to it." He told. I felt for a second, that he was my husband for real.

The couple took leave from us, after handing over me to Jay.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The tire of my scooty was punctured all of a sudden and so it skid." I explained innocently.

"Where did you get hurt?" He asked.

"Hah! Nothing much." I waved my hand in front of his face. He caught it and twisted, to take a look at my elbow. I flinched from pain.

Ouch! That hurts you dumbass!

"Nothing much but hurts?" He asked.

I stared at him not knowing what to answer. He walked off into the shop and came back with a cover a little later.

"Come let's go." He said. I followed him to his car and he opened the door for me. I was surprised by his gestures. It was just yesterday he behaved like a devil to me. He had called for a mechanic to come and take my scooty to a workshop.

He drove the car for a while and turned left into the beach. I looked at him puzzled but he didn't answer.

"Get down." He said after parking the car.

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"To make you forget that you fell on the road and embarrassed yourself."

Woah!! I was not even one percent embarrassed about it before. Now that he rubbed the fact bluntly in my face, I'm so embarrassed.

"Why do you even care?" I murmured at his back. Noticing there was no reaction from him, I concluded that he didn't hear it.

I started shivering once the cold sea breeze struck me. Was he not the same person who asked me to wait inside a shop as it was cold outside? Now, why is he talking me to a beach of all places?

Jay went and sat on a wooden bench beside a chaat stall. He moved aside and made way for me to sit. I sat beside him but made sure to leave ample space between us.

He turned my side, bent his knees, and placed it in the space between us. His other leg was still on the ground. He put out his hand in front of me and I looked at it and back again at him.

He leaned forward, dangerously close to my face. I moved back a little, while Jay caught my hand and pulled me forward. I lost balance and caught his other hand to keep me from falling. The air turned awkward as we sat locking eyes and catching each other. Once we were back to a decent position, Jay took out a bandage and an ointment from the cover he had.

He squeezed a little ointment into his hand and applied it over my wound as gently as he could. He then blew into it slowly. Next, he placed the bandage on top and pressed its sides.

This side of Jay scares me actually. I'm afraid if I'll end up wanting more of it. The reason behind his kindness is not yet known. And I also don't know if he is taking care of me or taking care of an injured me.

At that moment I felt Jay would make a great nurse if he becomes one later. Even though there are male nurses, my mind immediately imagined him wearing a female nurse's gown.

Ufff!! A hot nurse catwalking in a high heels and bright lipstick. What a sight he would make!

'Slappp!!' I hit my head hard for having such dirty thoughts. Jay threw a confused look to my side but I shrugged it off.

Jay called for a boy who worked in the chaat stall and asked me to order whatever I wanted. I ordered a Paav bhaji and he went with a mushroom fry. It was served hot fitting perfectly for the weather. Jay blew into his mouth after eating a very hot spoonful of mushroom fry.

Looking at his face I started feeling a bit guilty. I spoke some mean words to him yesterday. It was not in my nature to be rude to anyone. So why did I make him alone an exception? I don't want to give him the privilege of being the only person to get scolded by me.

"I'm sorry Jay." Those words fell out of my mouth all of a sudden.

His eyes softened and his forehead became wrinkled due to confusion.

"I'm sorry for being a bad luck in your life. What can I do when I'm a bad luck in my own life?" I said sadly.

Jay looked as if he was at a loss for words. He wouldn't have expected my apology anytime soon. It came as a surprise even for me.

"And thank you for coming here and taking care of me." I added. I started speaking as if I was close with him. I'm not sure if I'll regret this tomorrow morning. I'm not even drunk but am losing control of my mind.

He was silent for a minute and just looked at my face blankly.

"If you are really grateful then pay me back with a favour." He said all of a sudden.

"Yeah sure. Tell me what you want?" I accepted right away hoping he wouldn't empty my wallet.

"Be my wife just for a day."

_____________________________