EIGHTEEN

"You're sure you want to meet them?"

I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time. "Do I want to meet the men who raised you? It's not really a question, is it?"

"Well..." She bit her lip and shrugged. "Sometimes they can be hyper, they're like kids who have had about ten thousand pounds of candy but they're like it all the time. Plus I've never brought anyone home before so they're going to be worse than usual. I just don't want you to be uncomfortable or weirded out by their behaviour."

I should have been listening and probably worried about her parents but I couldn't stop the smirk that erupted. "I'm the first person you're bringing home to meet your parents?"

She scowled. "Is that the only thing you got from that?"

I laughed and grabbed her hands. "If I'm uncomfortable then I'll tell you but they raised you and I want to meet them. I will do anything to make them like me because I'm not not dating you."

I wanted to change that to 'I'm never going to stop dating you' but I didn't want to come across too forward or creepy. But then again I had been nothing but creepy for the majority of our time together.

She physically deflated and exhaled. "Okay. Are you ready?"

"One hundred percent."

I didn't know why I was so confident. I shouldn't have been. I'm sure other guys meeting their girlfriends -or boyfriends- parents were shitting themselves but I wasn't. I was just happy she wanted to introduce me to them. I was just happy that I was important to her.

The smile never left my face as I walked in to her quaint house that held a narrow path winding between mini forests of flowers and grasses, leading to a set of wooden stairs and to a porch. The grey exterior matched with the light grey walls of the living room, the oak flooring and cream furniture. The walls were lined with book cases and shelves, them overflowing with paper, textbooks, as well as pictures hanging from every nook and cranny.

She led through to the kitchen after we neatly deposited our bags and shoes, the pictures following until we came to what resembled a woodland with hanging and potted plants decorating the light kitchen, as well as more books cases.

There, in the middle of the kitchen, cooking dinner, were Harley Nickels parents.

She cleared her throat and they both spun on their heels, their eyes wide with excitement and grins engraved on their faces.

She introduced me to Simon and Tyrone. Simon had her same tanned skin, dark hair and blue eyes while Tyrone had darker skin and brown eyes but with the same black hair.

"It's amazing to finally meet you Logan." Tyrone grinned and we shook hands. "I can finally put a face to the name my daughter doesn't stop talking about."

I smirked, glancing at a blushing and glaring Harley. "Really? That's nice to know."

Harley coughed a "shut up" out and I stifled my laugh.

"Nice to meet you as well, Logan." Simon smiled, shaking my hand.

"It's amazing to meet you both. Are you cooking Chicken Alfredo?" I asked, sniffing the gorgeous smell that hung in the air.

Tyrone nodded. "Yes. Do you like it?"

"I love it." I reassured. "Do you want some help? I can cook."

Their shock registered on their faces. "A teenage boy who can cook?"

I nod and start helping them with the food once they turn back to it, doing what they want me to do.