Pre Celebration

Alessandro POV

"So tell me Miss Rose, how was work for you today?" I ask as we sat down at the booth she always sat in by herself during her lunch hours.

She looked at me in shock the whole time we were here and I knew why. She was probably thinking I'm crazy because of how I knew where she sat during her lunch time and how I also knew which food she always ordered from the cafe we were in right now.

"It was okay" She replies with a awkward pause as I gave her a look making her sigh.

"Okay fine, I just finished a magazine shoot today and my manager was congratulating me for being on the front page of Vogue for the 5th time" She says quickly before starting to eat her chicken Alfredo.

"If she's congratulating you, why don't you look happy about it?"

"What's there to be happy about? I'm the front page of a magazine again, it's not as exciting as it was the first time"

"And why is that?"

"Because there's nothing special about my job as it is at your company. I don't get a raise, I don't celebrate employee of the month with a bunch of people in a office I'm close to, and I can't even celebrate it with anyone since I don't even have close friends except for my female cousins and my childhood best friend  because Brad thinks the other models that try to talk me are all skanks or whores"

Right when she ended her angry rant, I realized the real reason why she wasn't happy about her magazine shoot. Now I really know why she's always angry or stressed out when I see her, it's because her asshole of a fiancé is trying to control her when what she really needs is to be set free and show off that beautiful smile that always puts me in a trance when she shows it.

"If you didn't have friends to celebrate your big day with, you could've just called me. I'd be glad to celebrate your 5th time being the face of Vogue Magazine, I mean that is such a big deal especially for a young model such as yourself. I bet there's a lot of beautiful young women dying to be just like you when they're older" I reply as she looked at me with astonishment.

Her face looked like she was deep in thought, reeling in my every word. She was having a mental argument within herself to pick what words to say to me on both my offer and my compliment.

"Isn't it going to be weird to be celebrating something with your employees fiancé?" She asks as I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe if my employee had decided to celebrate this special day with his fiancé, it wouldn't be awkward for his boss to do it instead" I reply as she looked back at me speechless.

"It's almost time for me to head back to work, so I'll pick you up tonight at 8 so we can go celebrate your special day" I say noticing it was almost time for her lunch to be over.

"Oh shoot, yeah. Can you drop me off please? I took the bus earlier to drop off Brads food and my car is still at my work parking lot" She gasps while looking down at her phone seeing the time on it.

"Of course" I reply while helping her out of the booth before handing her black Versace clutch bag to her.

After we got into my Rolls Royce, I drove to Jezzabelle's work building to drop her off, but she was surprised when I walked her into the front desk of the building.

"You really didn't have to"

"What are friends for?"

I leaned down to plant a soft kiss against her face seeing her round smooth cheeks turn bright pink. I smirked to myself when her face turned red while noticing some of her coworkers were standing around watching us in shock.