Chapter 3 August 23rd PRESENT DAY

'Ms. Addington are you ready to give your statement?'

'Yes' Hazel stood up, and gave her coat to Louis and followed the detective inside the interrogation room.

'Ms. Addington how long have you known Mr. Winterbury?'

'Around ten months next week'

'Were you two dating?'

'Yes'

'How did you two meet?'

'A friend of mine set me up on a blind dat and we really liked each other. I'm sorry are all these dating questions relevant?'

'In mystery murder cases..yes Ms. Addington. Everyone who were close to Mr. Winterbury is considered a suspect for now and you were his girlfriend so you're one of the main suspects.'

'Okay, okay um...ex-girlfriend by the way and I understand sorry go on'

'Did Tony ever talk to you about any enemies or issues?'

'Nothing that I can remember, he had a very little social circle and it was just the beginning of his career so I don't think so'

'Was he anyway abusive towards you?'

'Oh no, he was very protective of me.'

'Where were you the night of the incident?'

'At my friend Louis' place'

'Is there anyone who can confirm it other than your friends?'

'I think the neighbour can.....she saw me...I mean us..our whole gang'

(TW//....stabbing)

'You do know that Tony was stabbed to death right?'

'Um..yes....his sister told me'
'Are you two close?'
'Not really, just the relationship that I used to date her brother ....that's all.'
'That's all for now we will keep in touch since you're a not directly related we will only give you limited updates on this case'

'Sure! Well before I go I forgot to mention one thing, Tony has.....sorry had a stalker. Some girl I don't know the name but if I see her I can identify her'
The detective took a note of it, and closed the interrogation.

The officer took her out to the reception where Louis was waiting,

'So how did it go?'

'Smooth, I diverted them towards Ainsley....bought us some time'

'Are you sure of what you're doing?'

'Yes...now stick to the story'