Chapter 5:

_________________________________________________________

Lazily, the center of attention flopped down at the other side of the table. Correction, he flopped down on the table, because there were no seats left.

The tension in the room grew because even without knowing who he was, they could understand what he had to be. Yet that tension was destroyed the moment he sat down without a single hint of dignity.

A smile danced on his lips "Heh, so you're the kid Milim likes so much? You look older than she told me."

Rimuru suppressed a sigh "Demon Lord Dino, I suppose? What might you want here?" He should have known Milim would tell someone.

-I admit that this was in the lower percentages of possibilities of what she would do, therefore I saw no need to report such an occurrence. The possibility of her going to make Guy or Frey come were much higher as well.-

'Well, nothing that can be done now. We just have to see this as a chance and get on his good side, if possible.'

-Should I look into the possibility of him already being under [Thought Guidance] or [Thought Restraint]?-

'No need. I doubt he's under Velda's influence right now. No moves have been made yet.'

-Understood.-

"Milim had this grand plan or something cooked up..." His voice trailed off "I don't quite remember all of it but apparently I'm here to annoy you in her stead or something."

What? "What?"

"Yeah, I know right." Know what?! He didn't even know what the Angel was talking about! "It's so much work~"

So that was his problem, of course "Then why even come here?"

"Well, I had nothing better to do." He never did "And I think I thought something like 'Need to make sure she doesn't force some useless kid to become a Demon Lord'. That would just be troublesome in the end. And that results in more work."

Leave it to the lazy one to find annoying ways to minimize effort.

He raised an eyebrow in amusement as his next words made all eyes snap to him "Aren't you just super lazy?"

The Fallen one hummed and everyone relaxed "I wouldn't call it... lazy. More, mh... unmotivated."

That's just a glorified way to say it "And what's your decree, now that you're here?"

"My decree?" He chuckled "Dunno. If I had to I'd say..."

He paused as he stared at the Slime. Said slime wondered what was wrong, did he forget what word he was going to use? Was he still thinking?

"I don't like you."

His subordinates stood up rapidly, hands on their weapons and ready to defend him at any moment. Rimuru stared, what was that supposed to mean. He had messed up, somewhere he had to have messed up. How could he possibly fix this?

Laughter erupted from the intruder "Relax~ I don't want to fight, that's too troublesome." He calmed down and eyed him with narrowed eyes and a grave expression "Something about you just annoys me. Your attitude, the way you hold yourself, the bits of leaking energy you're not suppressing. It seems like my mind wants to tell me something but I'm not getting it, it pisses me off."

"That's all?" He signaled the others to sit back down "You gave us quite a scare there. A Demon Lord, exclaiming something like that...!"

"Sorry, couldn't help it. But it's the truth, I don't like you." He leaned his head on his right hand "But I don't mind you becoming a Demon Lord, I suppose you don't want to be one though. Milim was constantly 'We have to show him how cool we are!'"