"Buti pumayag si Grant, dito?" si Gelo naman na nakasuot ng suit and tie. Ang guwapo ng Angelo Darius namin!

"Nah... We don't have a say on this. Our birthdays were like a business meeting than a party. Always have been," Chance said.

Somehow, I think we all can relate. It's something we cannot escape having this kind of life. Tuwing may party, dapat talaga na imbitado ang business partners at iilang elite personalities. It's called building connections.

It's a good thing that my parents always give me some choices. Minsan, I'd just like to travel outside the country or have a small party with family and friends only.

Grant was on stage with his parents thanking everyone who joined the party.

Sa isang table ay nandoon din ang ibang mga Saavedra. I never thought that they're such a big family. All of them looked so expensive.

Grant spoke too, for like two sentences! He spoke in such a very formal and calm manner. And his suit fits him so well, it looked amazing on him.

Some of his relatives were asked to speak also. We all clapped our hands when it was Chance' turn.

"Happy Birthday, cous!" Chance started. "You know, being in this family has never been easy... We have our own troubles, don't we?"

"You're the most trouble!" someone shouted. I think it's their cousin also.

Everyone laughed, but Xuri laughed the hardest.

"Tuwang-tuwa?" si Gelo naman iyon.

"And what happened in the past, I already said it but I'll say it again... It was never intentional. We're like brothers and I wouldn't do anything to ruin that. That's why when something similar was about to happen, I backed out, alam mo 'yan. Pero ang torpe mo pa rin kasi like gago, pare... Ayon lang. Happy Birthday."

Ang sunod naman ay ang opening ng gifts. The host will call on some guests to open their gifts in front of everyone, I really hope that I won't be called!

Chance was called and he literally gave his cousin a car, Ferrari, to be exact. Then Gelo was called also, he gave Grant a Rolex.

Marami pang tinawag. All of their gifts were so freaking expensive. Makakahinga na sana ako ng maluwag dahil last na iyong tatawagin pero para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig nang marinig ko ang pangalan ko. Oh my God!

"Ms. Cali, please come up to the stage," the host called once again.

Oh no! Ako talaga iyong tinatawag!

I was about to say that I don't have a gift but Mommy took the brown paperbag and handed it to me. Oh my Lord!

I want the lupa to eat me already!

I went to the stage and smiled at Grant awkwardly. He was sitting on a chair made for him.

"Happy Birthday," I greeted.

"So, what did you get me?"

Napalunok ako roon at inabot sa kanya iyong paperbag. "You can open it later!" agap ko pero huli na ang lahat.

Sobrang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko.

Grant already opened the paperbag. He looked a bit surprised with my gift and then suddenly, his lips formed a smile.

"Ms. Cali got our birthday boy some cute colorful socks!" the host even announced. Gosh! "Do you mind sharing the brand, Miss? Maybe some of the guests were curious also."

"Uhm... I got it from... Tianggy."

Everyone looked amazed or whatever. I don't understand their fascination!