seven

Smells like teenage boy.

The next two weeks were spent preparing to leave for tour. Life was a blur at this point. I still don't know if this tour thing was actually a good idea or not. My year off work started when I left LA to come back to my apartment in London. But since agreeing to go on tour with Niall it felt like I was still working. Numerous piles of papers to sign were sent though my better box and I received countless emails I needed to reply to. The boys were allowed a plus one to accompany them on tour, so I didn't actually have a set job to be doing on tour with them, I guess I was just there.

I don't know if Niall had told the other boys I was coming with them before he actually invited me. I don't think I would have been the other boys' first choice and I couldn't even imagine Harry's reaction. I didn't really want to think of his reaction.

When I left my apartment, I wasn't leaving much behind. I moved out form my parents earlier this year and my apartment hadn't really been lived in due to traveling with work. I packed all the things that could be of importance to me and obviously clothes. All of my belongings fit into two suitcases witch I would be taking with me.

When I left my apartment the thought that some people would be feeling sad leaving their apartment and not returning for another six months crossed my mind. I did try and be sad, I really did. But with my job I've got so used to moving around so much, it almost feels normal to me.

I shut my door, double checking I had actually locked my door before making my way along the corridor towards the elevators that would take me down to the busy street below my apartment complex. A cab sat by the entrance of my building, ready to take me to the location where I would be getting on the tour bus.

The journey probably wasn't that long but with all the anxiety that had built up in my stomach, it felt like ten years. I gazed out the window, watching the streets turn into more streets until we finally reached my destination.

I thanked the taxi driver as he helped me unload my bags from the trunk. I was stood in the middle of a car park in the middle of nowhere. There was a large building to the left of me with a steel door. I figured my best shot was to go knock on that door.

I really hadn't been given any instructions on what to do or where to go, so I was just winging it at this point. I knocked on the large door, still clutching my suitcases. I could hear movement behind the door before it swung open.

"Jayden Wills?" The short woman that I had just come face to face with asked while looking down at her clipboard.

"Yes"

"Perfect, come with me please." She commanded

I followed her down a dimly lit corridor. She can move surprisingly fast with such short legs.

"What's you name?" I asked to fill the silence.

"Edith, I'm the tour manager, so I basically make sure these guys don't mess everything up." She informed me while turning the corner at the end of the corridor. We were now faced with a short hall with many doors on either side and one large door at the end of the corridor.

A man suddenly appeared form one of the doors. He was very tall and wore a jumper and jeans. He took my bags from me before disappearing back though the door he came from.

"That's Garry, He'll just be loading your bags onto the bus, sweetheart." Edith told me "Now a lot of these door are pretty irrelevant" She started.

I followed her further down the corridor, scanning my eyes over the doors either side of me.

"That's the toilet" she said pointing to one of the doors near the end of the corridor. "That one takes you out to bus witch I'll take you to it in a second. But this one." She paused by the door on the right-hand side of the corridor and turned to look at me.

"This is where the boys stay before we leave, and I can't promise you it's going to be the tiniest bit clean or smell nice." She confessed, resting her hand on the handle of the door.

I just nodded in response before she pushed the door open. When the door opened, I was immediately hit with the smell of teenage boy. Clothes were strewn across the room and a sofa was sat in the middle.

"Edith!" Niall called out, obviously excited to see her.

"Hello Niall" Edith sounded so done with their shit.

"And Jay!" Niall called out joyfully, hopping up from his seat and pulling me into a hug. Over Niall's shoulder I could see Louis, Zayn and Liam all sitting along the sofa. Thank God Harry wasn't here. Where was harry?

"I need to get her onto the bus please" Edith called out, making Niall and I break our hug. I briefly smiled at the other boys before following Edith out the room and down the corridor towards the door leading to the bus.

When I followed Edith through the door I was immediately hit with a gush of cold air. There were 3 Big tour busses that stood in the parking lot.

"Niall has requested you to be on the bus with the boys." Edith red from her clipboard. "So, your on bus 1, Bus 2 is workers and if the boys get too much feel free to get on bus 2, there's an empty bed on that one. Bus 3 is just equipment so I wouldn't get on that one."

"Okay, Thank you." I smiled at Edith.

"Get yourself sorted on the bus; The boys will be on in around five minutes." Edith told me before scurrying through the door and back into the building.

Just as Edith said, I climbed up the steps onto the bus and my mouth instantly fell open. There was a corridor that led through me middle of the bus and had beds either side of it. At the end of the corridor there was a sliding door that led to the seating area. There were two doors on either side at the end of the bedding area that I assume led to the kitchen and bathroom.

Now to wait for the boys to arrive.

I'm bad at explaining things so here's the bus