♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 ♫︎

Start from the beginning

Mrs. Paige let everyone choose wich lyrics they liked the most. Most of them had the same lyrics with boring songs and quotes that were almost the same.

"Our favorite lyrics is Cake by Melanie Martinez."

Newt couldn't believe he won. He could pick another song that was way better, but why his? Why did he have to win?

"Now, who's the one who won the game?" The teacher asked.

The blonde boy sunk deep in his chair. That would be the most embarrassing thing to do, confess that he was the one. Thomas knew who it was, he could easily say that Newt was the one, but he didn't.

"Alright, no need to show up," Mrs. Paige said.

Newt sighed and shifted in his chair, continued to sketch a sweater while listening what Mrs. Paige had to say. Thomas wasn't really listening, he couldn't. He was so fixed at the pictures Newt was sketching, he couldn't concentrate.

The blonde boy noticed that a few moments later, he felt nervous and shy. He stopped what he was doing with his fingers and looked up at the brunet. Thomas muttered something under his breath and looked down at his own notebook.

"So, I have another question for you guys. What is love for you? Write it down now, then put it in the box like you did a few minutes ago. "

Newt sighed, he knew exactly what he wanted to write, so he just did what he felt like. He didn't need to look up, but he knew Mrs. Paige was looking down at him with a smile.

"Newt, are you okay with Thomas sitting beside you?" she whispered.

Newt immediately turned red, he didn't knew if he was uncomfortable or comfortable with him. He didn't even knew why he was so nervous around him, so he just nodded his head, letting Mrs. Paige and Thomas know that he was okay.

"Alright," she whispered and went over to her desk.

"Thank you," Thomas murmured, something Newt wasn't expecting at all.

The blonde boy looked up at him once again, nodded his head and began to write down.

Love is something between you and a partner, you should love and care about. Passion and care.
You have to feel comfortable around them and feel loved, while you're in love with them. Have a good feeling with being with them, if that's not the case, he's the wrong one.

Love can be in another way as well, it can be between you and your siblings, your family and your friends, but never in a way like your partner.

folding the paper, he went up, about to go to the desk where the bowl was, but Thomas stood in front of him. He had a small smile on his face and gave Newt his hand.

"I'll bring it over," Thomas whispered.

"I- thank you," Newt whispered back.

He handed him the paper, their fingers brushed in a soft way and it send shivers down Newt's spine. The warm feeling of care filled his heart in a weird way he couldn't put a finger on.

"No problem."

He saw Thomas walking over to the bowl and put the two papers in it. Two girls that were sitting in front of him with a slight distance, were glaring at Newt while he was sitting there and sketching.

"The Thomas guy, he touched him," Brenda whispered.

"I saw it, he'll get the flare in a matter of seconds, I swear this boy is infected," California, the other girl, whispered back.

The blonde let out a slight chuckle, he didn't mind them making fake rumors about him. The only thing he hated was, people making fun of him or making him feel bad about something he can't do anything about. Example, he was gay...

Thomas was back with a frown on his face, looking at the two girls giggling while looking at Newt. He sighed and sat down. One of the girls was looking at him since the beginning of the class and had always a smirk on her face or would wink at him, wich Thomas of course, didn't notice because he was too distracted by Newt and his sketches.

"Hey, Thomas, right?" Brenda asked him.

He looked up and nodded his head in a weird way, not knowing why the girl was talking to him. He hummed and raised his eyebrow.

"Do you want to go out with me sometime?" She asked.

Newt looked up at her as well, he was red and didn't even know why. Was he jealous of someone he didn't really know?
He was good looking and all, but Newt didn't know his personality.
Thomas began laughing slightly and looked at Newt for a while before looking back at the girl.

"I'm gay," Thomas answered coldly, but began to laugh again.

"Oh," was all Brenda could reply with.

"He's a fag as well? He, the one next to you is a fag as well," California said, sticking her finger over to Newt and poking his arm.

Newt held back a hiss, the flesh of his arm burning in the hoodie he was in, but the brunet noticed that he tensed and had a slight frown on his face.

"Hey, don't say that, I bet you're the one who would like to hook up with the one next to you," Thomas said back and winked at California.

The girl gasped and turned around after showing him her middle finger. Thomas just chuckled at her and Brenda and turned over to look at Newt.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and began scribbling some things down in his notebook.

An: YAY!

Thomas is here, the new boy with a bad past, but he still can smile and just laugh about his story. I hope you're all doing well and enjoyed the chapter!

1585 words

Love

~K