You Won't Fall

(Y/N)

"Tommy, shouldn't we at least, I don't know... say goodbye before leaving? And thank him for his hospitality?" I shifted uncomfortably by the open window.

"No."

"Okay." I glanced down at the snow. It was dark but the glimmering white flakes could be seen even from here. "Shouldn't we at least leave from the front door? Aster's a puppy. He can't safely get down from here. We're on the second floor."

"It's okay, I'll go first. You can drop Aster down and I'll catch him. Then you climb down, and if you fall I'll catch you."

"What if you fall?"

"I won't."

     "Okay but what if."

     He turned around and sighed, gently grabbing my shoulders. "Stop worrying. Okay? I promise all of us are going to get down safely."

     I furrowed my brows and gave a small nod, "Okay."

     "You don't seem convinced."

     "I'm not."

     He smiled and I could barely make it out in the darkness of the night. "(Y/N). I've snuck in and out of all sorts of places. Climbing down for me will be a breeze and I doubt you'll have trouble either. As for Aster, I'm pretty good at catching people when they fall." He dropped his hands down to gently squeeze mine. "Okay?"

     "Okay."

     "Cool," he turned and dropped a few of the things we were taking with us out the window to the floor below. "I'll tell you when to drop Aster down, yeah?"

     "Right." He carefully began clambering down and I turned, glancing around for the puppy. "Aster, come here, boy."

     After only a few seconds I heard the pattering of paws on wood and a sudden weight on my feet.

     "Good boy," I bent and picked him up, waiting for Tommy to give the signal.

     After a couple if minutes I heard the snow crunch softly below and Tommy called softly, "Okay, you can drop him now."

     "Alright." I glanced down at Aster, "Okay. I have to drop you down but Tommy's going to catch you, okay?" He simply licked at my face and I smiled. "Good boy." I hesitantly held him out and dropped him down.

     "Got him!"

      Thank god.

     "Okay, I'm coming down now." I pulled myself out the window and began making my way down. The anxiety and fear of falling was making my hands shake and it was hard to climb. About halfway I glanced down to make sure my footing was secure. That was a mistake. I froze up.

     "(Y/N)? Is something wrong?"

     "I..." I clenched my now quaking hands around the small sliver of wall they were gripping. "Tommy, I looked down."

     "It's not as far of a drop as you think. Don't worry, you're fine." When I didn't respond or move he kept going. "(Y/N), say it with me. You're going to be fine."

     "I'm going to be fine."

     "It's not that far down."

     "Good. Now take a deep breath and keep going."

     I did as told and when I was close enough I hopped down. I stumbled when I did but he caught me before I could fall.

     "See? I told you you'd be fine." He has his arms around my body, securing my back against his front and I let myself relax against him.

     "Yeah, you were right."

     I felt him chuckle and push me gently. "Alright, alright. Don't get too comfortable, we have places to go."

     "Oh yeah, I almost forgot," I rolled my eyes to play off my moment of vulnerability. "Let's got going then." I picked up Aster and held him carefully with one arm.

     "Okay." One of his hands gently intertwined with my free one and he started moving. "Let'd go."

Quick A/N
YAY back to the main plot!!!
Also, so sorry it took so long for me to get this lil chapter out. I've been really busy with school. UwU'''
Like always Ily all and have great days/nights!!!