Lava

(Y/N)

I thought I'd be okay with what Phil was going to do. However, when he scooped up a bit of lava into his palm after drinking a fire resistance potion... I wasn't so sure.

     I instinctively flinched away from the molten rock. "Yeah, actually, I think I'll just... let these vine things kill me."

    I felt Tommy lightly hit me in the back of my head, "You're not going to die."

I looked back at the bucket of lava, swallowing thickly. That shit killed me once. Now I have burn scars all over my back. I don't want that fate again... I turned my attention back to that voice. The disembodied Egg that keeps harassing me. I'd much rather die to a force of nature than that ass hole. "Alright, alright." Unconsciously, I reached back, tightly holding one of Tommy's hands with my own. "Go ahead." I hesitantly stretched my leg out towards Phil.

     "Okay. Don't move, alright mate? It's only going to be worse if I miss." I nodded my head and he scooped more into his hands.

    The three of us watched expectantly as the winged man carefully dripped the hot material down. After a moment a soft sizzling could be heard and the vine like growth seemed to shrivel down. That's good I think. After a few moments the lava fully burned through the vine and made contact with my flesh.

     "Ahh!" I pressed my back against the wall, the pain overwhelming. "Make it stop-" I felt tears pricking my eyes and clenched my fists, trying jot to love my leg.

    "I can't- wait, hold on," I could barely make out what Phil had said as he tried getting the lava on his hands back into the bucket.

    Not even a second went by, however, when the pain lessened and lessened. I cracked a eye open and looked, seeing Tommy gritting his teeth with burns on his hands. They weren't as bad as the one I now had but they weren't good either. I mean, no burns are good.

    "Tommy! What were you thinking?!"

    "About helping (Y/N)! What? You expected me to just sit there?!"

    "Yeah? I was. You didn't drink a fire res potion. You can't be pulling this shit!"

    "Yeah? Well (Y/N) didn't get a potion either so unless you were going to do something stop yelling at me."

    I sat awkwardly, watching them bicker as I ignored the searing pain that lingered on my leg. I refuse to look at my leg.

Tommy looked back at me and sighed. "I'll be right back." He used the backs of his hands to stand up. "Continue burning off that vine shit." He pointed a slightly accusing finger at Phil. "Carefully."

I blinked, causing some tears to slide down my face. That was a lot to process. Tommy really needs to be-

I glanced down feeling more heat near my leg and Phil was, carefully, applying more lava to another 'vine'. I didn't get burned after what happened. That's good.

*****

It's been a few hours. Finally, all the vines were dead. Or, well, they were at the very least gone. Tommy had come back, hands messily wrapped with bandages. He'd been silent the whole time. He must be pretty pissed... He's not a quiet person.

Phil sighed, picking up the lava bucket and dragging it back downstairs. "I'll just... put this back."

Shit, this is really awkward.

As soon as Philza had left Tommy stood, extending an arm towards me. "C'mon. I'll treat your burn."

I practically glared, gently pushing his hand away by pushing his wrist. "Don't offer me help to stand when your own hand is injured, stupid." I used my good leg and stumbled upwards, wincing when I placed my burned leg on the floor.

    "You okay?"

    "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I tried to put weight on the leg but it caused me pain. "Perfectly fine."

    "Uh, huh." He walked over the my injured side and allowed me to lean against him, my arm wrapped over his shoulder. He helped me hobble into the dining room and sit me down.

    We were silent and the air held some weird tension. Obviously he's upset but I don't understand what for. He made his way to the sink, carefully wetting a towel and coming back, trying to clean my wound.

    "Why are you upset?"

    He looked up, surprised, "What do you mean? I'm not."

   "You totally are. We've friends. I can tell."

    He huffed, "I'm not upset at you. Phil scared me and hurt you."

    "It wasn't his fault." He didn't respond so I patted his head. I would've gone for his shoulder but I was too lazy to reach down. "Thanks for removing the lava, by the way. Very selfless of you."

    He stared down, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He stood, placing the towel down on the counter and glanced at me. "I'll be right back, I need to get bandages."

    I smiled, "Okay. I won't go anywhere. Promise."