"I was in denial with how I felt," I said. Though I didn't break eye contact with her, I could feel my nerves getting the best of me at how intense she was watching me. "I'm not anymore. I don't care how long it takes, I know what—who I want, and I'm not going to stop until I have you."

Amelia stared at me and I had to break eye contact. I cleared my throat and was quick to look up when her shadow hovered over my desk. Before I knew it, my eyes were roaming down her body, taking in her silky white blouse and the skirt she made look so fucking tight.

Fuck, she looks so good. And those hips...

"You're gonna have to do a lot better than a sappy speech," Mia said, grabbing my jaw and forcing my head up to stop staring. "I'm not like the other women you've slept with."

No, Mel, you truly aren't.

I licked my lips and my lips twitched up into a tiny smirk, feeling her let go of my jaw. She straightened out her skirt and cleared her throat.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lucian," Mia said, walking out of my office and closing the door behind her.

I shook my head to myself, grinning as I stared at the door. There was nothing wrong with this cat and mouse game she wanted to play and I was more than willing to participate.

***

"Who the hell's got your panties in a twist?" Theo asked as he watched me down another shot. "Hey, slow the hell down. You've been here for ten minutes and you're already out of it."

I grunted, asking the bartender for another shot before turning to face him.

"No wait," Theo spoke up, cutting me off. "Let me guess. Work?"

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"No sex?"

"No."

"Uh... cancer?"

I stared at Theo with a weird expression and he shrugged his shoulders in defeat.

"Alright, alright, just tell me," he huffed. "You're no fun."

I rolled my eyes and took the shot handed to me. When I downed it, I winced slightly at the burn going down my throat until it became nothing but a warm buzz in my body.

"I'm not telling you," I muttered. "It's not like it'll change anything, she won't—"

"A WOMAN!"

Several people glared at Theo's loud declaration, including yours truly. He smiled sheepishly and apologized, then turned his full attention to me.

"I'm your best friend so I have a right to know," Theo spoke, making me sigh and ask for another shot. "I've never seen you so stressed out over a woman before."

"That's because she wasn't in the city when we first met," I grumbled, "and now she is—she doesn't want anything to do with me."

"Ouch," he said. "What'd you do?"

"Said some shit I regret even thinking." I glared at him when he snorted. "What the hell is so funny?"

"You're a fucking idiot is what's funny," Theo said, shaking his head to himself. "If what you said is enough to get this chick to never want to speak to you again then I have every right to drag you in the dirt for it."

I shoved him away and downed another shot. Theo chuckled, straightening up and ordering his first drink since we got here.

"What would you do?" I muttered, closing my eyes and blinking fast when the room started to spin. Oh God.

"You need to prove that you want her, obviously," Theo replied. "She wants to feel as special as you say she is so do what you normally wouldn't do with women: wine and dine, taking her to nice places, opening up about all of you."

I narrowed my eyes at the last sentence. I knew that Theo was right. Despite the fact that he was a fucking dumb ass, he was really nice to talk to when it came to women, or even better, relationships. I knew that if I wanted to vent about anything, he would listen and give me advice worth taking.

"You know I'm right," he spoke up, making me huff and look away from him. "Until the time comes, just try to calm your nerves. She obviously has your nut sack in a twist so just let loose, get drunk, and I'll let you crash at my place tonight while you sleep off your hangover. Okay?"

I thanked him quietly and Theo grinned clinking glasses with me before downing his own drink.

*****
***
**

WORD COUNT: 1938