"I'm going to the lunch," Mia said, narrowing her eyes. My shoulders fell when she stood up as an indication that she was getting ready to leave my office. "You don't have any sort of claim on me, Lucian, let's not forget that. You lost that chance when you rejected me."

I felt a cringe wanting to make its way on my face at the memory but I managed to keep it down. I looked away from her, sighing to myself before leaning in my chair.

"Ethan seems like a nice guy and there's nothing wrong with spending time to get to know him," she continued. "It's nice knowing a guy who actually wants to hold a conversation with me and not only want me for my body."

My eyes widened in shock and I stood up at her words. Is that what she really thinks? That I only want her for her body?

You haven't made it seem like anything else, jackass, my subconscious spoke.

"If you need me, I'll be at my desk," she finalized, turning on her heel and making her way to the door.

I followed right behind her, closing it with one hand before she could leave. Mia turned around and glared up at me. I had to stop myself from smirking at his small she was compared to me before I tilted her head up using my fingers. Immediately, Amelia's facial features changed as her eyes widened in shock, her back pressing against the door when I stepped closer.

"Let me make this very clear, mia bella," I mumbled, watching her eyebrows push together when I grabbed her jaw firmly. "I have, and never will, want you only for your body—believe it or not, my word stands by that. The problem is that every time I look at you every ounce of self-control leaves my goddamn body—not that I don't see you as anything but one. Do I make myself clear?"

Immediately, Mia nodded her head, every exhale coming out short and breathless. I hummed in satisfaction, pulling my hand away and pressing it to the wall beside her head. Mia began looking at anything but my face, her cheeks flushed in a light shade of red.

I love when she blushes.

"You wanna speak up?" I said quietly, smirking at her breathless huh. "I said, do I make myself clear?"

She nodded again, swallowing. "Yes, sir."

Sir? That's definitely a first.

"Enjoy the rest of your day, Ms. Black," I said, glancing at her parted lips.

I finally pulled away and walked back to my desk. When I sat down, she was still staring at me with an odd expression on her face. I raised an eyebrow and leaned back, crossing my arms.

"I don't get you," she spoke. "You say you don't want a relationship yet you called me almost every week hoping for a response. You say you want more from me yet whenever I see you, all we do is have sex before one of us sneaks out the next day. There's only so much confusion a girl will go through before giving up, Lucian, so why haven't you accepted that I have?"

I stared at her with a neutral expression, watching as her face morphed into something I didn't recognize before she nodded and turned around.

"I don't know," I told her, which got her to stop turning the doorknob. Mia looked back at me, leaning against the door. "I thought I didn't want a relationship, I'll be honest. But I can't stand the thought of someone else touching you, making you laugh, taking care of you. It makes me want to punch a wall... or their face, whichever comes first.