15.

I sat in my car for a few minutes having followed the Molina's back

   I sat in my car for a few minutes having followed the Molina's back. I wiped my face still mourning the loss of what had become my family in the last few weeks. I sigh parking my car and getting out listening to Ray compliment Julie when they had made it to the door. "You know I would like to thank them for bringing music back into your life," Ray says sentimentally.

   "I already did," Julie said waving the dahlia around as she speaks. "But I didn't thank you, Papi," She hands the dahlia to Carlos pulling her father in for a hug. I watch with a smile. I was happy that things fell back in place for Julie. That now she had the courage to be the amazing artist she was, even if it meant doing it without the boys. That's when my smile dropped momentarily and my heart ached. I had lost them and didn't know what that had meant. It's insane how they'd been in my life for a month and they meant everything to me. Carlos catches my attention again pulling me out of my thoughts.

   "Hey, Julie!" Carlos suddenly interrupts. My face forms an "o" shape. I'd forgotten to tell Julie that Carlos had known about the boys being ghosts. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

   "Yeah um... Just give me a minute, I promised Cherry I'd help her with something when we got back," I give her a weird look but go along with it.

   "Okay, I'll wait up. Don't ghost me," I chuckle while Carlos gives Julie an exaggerated wink. Julie's face drops in shock. She turns around to her dad.

   "Just a minute," She promises, kissing his cheek. They interlock fingers and Julie pulls me by the arm into the garage. "Love you!" Julie yells

   "Love you too," Ray responds. We get to the garage door. I inhale shakily pulling the door open slowly, Julie doing the same with the opposite door. She interlocks her fingers with mine as we stare into the darkroom. We stand in silence for a few minutes. I look over at the mattress that I had claimed as mine seeing a cherry lollipop and a note on my pillow. I pull away from Julie picking the note up. It simply read "we know these are your favorite."

   I look back at Julie who had begun to speak.   "I... I know I already said this, but thank you guys," I walk back over to Julie clutching the lollipop tightly in my hand.

   "You're welcome!" Reggie's voice appears. I gasp shocked.

   "What the hell," I whisper and Alex and Luke groan.

   "Dude," Luke judges. Julie rushes and turns the lights on. The boys laid in a heap on the other side of the piano.

   "Why...Why are you here? I...I thought," Julie stutters. Another shock overtakes us. I groan, though my emotional pain hurt worse. They didn't crossover. They were going to vanish, I was going to go with them. My heart shattered, I wasn't sure if it was more for myself or for them. "I thought you crossed over, why didn't you crossover?"

   "I guess playing the Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business," Alex comments.

   "Point Caleb,"

   "We wanted you guys to think we crossed over, so we pretended to. We just, we had nowhere else to go," Luke explains

   "We thought you would both go upstairs," Reggie tells us.

   "Yeah well, I knew they were going to come in here. But no one ever listens to me," Alex sarcastically states. Another jolt racks through us.

   "I can't... No..." I shake my head. "You guys have to join his club," I rush through my sentence. My voice breaking over the last sentence. I felt like crying but I'd cried so much over the night that I didn't have any more tears. "Please," I begged

   "It's better than not existing at all!" Julie says going between each boy, stopping at Luke specifically. "Please just go, poof out, do something. Please, do it for me," Julie begs. Reggie shakes his head.

   "We're not going back there," Reggie says. I kneel in front of him.

   "Please," I beg standing up quickly going to Alex. "Please," They both shake their heads.

   "No music is worth making, Julie, if we aren't making it with you," Luke says to Julie. You can see her heartbreaking in her chest. "No regrets," He whispers. She throws her arms around him.

   "I love you guys," Julie whispers. I pull Alex's hands into my own. Looking over at Reggie with a longing look. Suddenly Luke's skin glows a golden hue. Julie pulls away looking over him confused. "How can I feel you?" She asks

   "I...I don't know," Julie reaches up touching his face. Luke cradles her face in her hands. He turns around facing the boys. "I feel stronger," Luke says. Julie's eye light up as she has an idea.

   "Alex, Reggie, come," She beacons them. I join them, getting pulled into a hug. Both boys begin glowing like Luke had.

   "Oh my god," I whisper.

   "Whoa, I don't feel as weak anymore," Reggie whispers as he laces his fingers into mine.

   "Yeah, me neither," Alex agrees. "Not that, you know, I was ever that weak before," I snort giving my brother a look. He smiles playfully. Suddenly they all look at their arms and the purple stamp floats up in the air. We all watch them as they explode like tiny fireworks sprinkling down purple dust and disappearing.

   "What do you think that means?"

   "I think the bands back," Luke responds to Julie's question. I turn to Reggie.

   "Oh thank god," I grab his vest pulling him close. He reacts shocked at first before melting into my touch. I hear Julie giggle at the sudden display of affection. Alex groans and Luke chuckles. When I pull away Reggie's eyes were wide and his face was flushed. I smile letting him go. "You think about getting cursed again, any of you, I will personally kill you again," I threaten and they all laugh.

   "You think we can try that hug thing one more time?" Alex suddenly blurts his cheeks pink. We all agree, pulling each other in for another hug. Julie slaps her hands on our backs and Alex mutters. "Hugs are good," We all chuckle pulling away.

   "I like this," Reggie says

   "That because you get to make out with my sister," Alex comments, and I laugh pulling back for another hug.

   "We played the Orpheum!" Julie yells, finally celebrating their win. And we all start jumping in circles celebrating.

   "Yeah, we did!" Alex yells. Everything worked out. I had a brother who I loved, a friend who was extremely kind, a guy who I really, really liked, and Luke, the hyperactive kid who I considered my friend. I hoped that everything stayed this perfect. I catch Reggie's face from the corner of my eye and thought back to what Caleb had said about soulmates. I shake my head, freeing myself from the thought. None of it mattered anymore, the boys were free. Reggie and I had time to figure out what it meant. For now, we'd just live in the moment and this moment felt really good.