04.

I follow the Latina on a mission down the stairs into the garage where 2 of the 3 boys stood playing their instruments

I follow the Latina on a mission down the stairs into the garage where 2 of the 3 boys stood playing their instruments. Julie's face screws up as she looked at them. "Guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone," Julie scolds

"But we're not alone, because we always have each other," Reggie says, Luke wraps his arm around Reggie's shoulder. Both of them wearing big silly smiles.

"You are so cute," I say, Julie turns giving me a look. "What? I didn't say anything untrue," I shrug moving to sit on her couch picking up the six-string beside me and fiddling with it. Julie rolls her eyes at both of us.

"But we had the volume level on one!" Luke defends as Julie unplug's their amps. I snort at the look on his face.

"But we rocked it on volume 10!" Reggie points at Julie. "Do you want us to play it again?"

"I do!" I chime and Luke gives me a grateful smile. Julie unplugs Luke's amp. The boys stood together looking at Julie with a scared look in their eyes.

"I really don't think she does," Luke whispers. Reggie agrees quietly. "We've actually been waiting for you to get home!" Luke says to Julie. "Okay, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier, and," Reggie begins to beat on his legs as a makeshift drumroll making me think about Alex and wonder where he is. "We wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no you are not dreaming,"

"Oh..." Julie responds

"Ouch," I mumble quietly snorting laughter. Both boys glare at me and I give them a cheeky smile back and their attention goes back to Julie.

"Oh, uh... she said, "oh," Uhm..." Luke stutters chuckling out of awkwardness. "That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday. Not when you're invited to join the most epic band in the world,"

"I didn't know I invited her to join Sevens of Gray?" I question getting another look from both of the boys.

"Sorry, I'm honored, but I can't think about anything else right now besides Flynn," Julie admits not responding to my comments. "She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back," Julie explains

"Yeah, you're in a tough spot," Luke agrees "So you wanna join our band?" I laugh

"Read the room, dude!" Julie yells at the pair

"Oh come on!" Luke says as Julie walks away. "We need you, and you need us because you need music. We found this poem that you wrote," I sat forward "And Reggie and I added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome,"

"Where did you find that," Luke pulls Reggie in front blocking Julie. I stand up

"Uh... definitely not your dream box,"

"Oh bad choice, never go through a girl's dream box," I say and Luke gives me a look that screams not helping.

"You went through my stuff?" Julie yells, Reggie flinches out of the way and Luke jumps immediately running away from her.