c h a p t e r - f i f t e e n

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes knowing he wasn't going to leave it alone.
"Yeah.."

"Mind showing your best friend your new crush?"

I chuckled and shook my head.
"She's not my crush."

"Come on. It's not like I'll tell Ayesha." He chuckled slightly.

I shot him a look and he stopped laughing.

"My bad. How are you and the..estranged wife?"

I shrugged.
"She hasn't been home in a week and has been using her assistant to communicate with me so-"

"Not good?"

"Not good."

"Hey."

I turned to him.

"Don't stay in this situation if she isn't making you happy man. I know you guys have the girls but they'll be taken care of. I'll even help play daddy day care."

I chuckled and dapped him up.
"I appreciate that man."

"I'm serious." He smiled.

I nodded.
"I am too."

"Now are you gonna show me the hottie you be having in your house?"

I chuckled and grabbed a basketball.
"Got shots to make. Maybe next time."

London

I took a final spin in my outfit for the night, before pulling my hair up in a loose bun. I grabbed my purse, my phone, and my keys before seeing Rome call me.

I smiled and answered.
"Hey, you ready?"

"Hey Lo, I'm..actually not going to be able to make it.."

My eyebrows furrowed as my smile disappeared.
"Oh, okay, what happened?"

"I'm not feeling to well, I'm really sorry."

"Its fine. Hope you feel better."

"Thanks, I'll call you later okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I sighed, hanging up.

I glanced over my outfit once more, deciding to just go anyways. I told Steph I would be there, plus LeBron would also be in the building, so date or not I was going. I grabbed my keys and passed Sobari and Justin in the kitchen as I walked out.

"Have fun on your date!" Sobari sang.

"I'll have fun but it won't be on a date!" I sang back before leaving.

I made my way out to my car and eventually made my way to Oracle. I can say I hadn't missed the unsensical crammed parking of the stadium. I grabbed my bag and made my way into the packed arena. I quickly found my seats that were almost courtside, no way would I have been able to afford these tickets on my own.
The teams had their starting lineups on the floor, preparing for the jump ball. I noticed Steph scanning the arena and a smile grew on my face. Was he looking for me or someone else? I looked around as well to see if he had any family in the stands but once I looked back into the court our eyes meet. He smiled, nodding towards me as I did the same. I sat back, looking at the other side of the arena when something caught my eye that made my smile disappear. I furrowed my eyebrows seeing a familiar curly afro from across the stadium. I squinted just as the guy turned around to see it was Rome. My eyes widened as I noticed the ditzy red head next to him. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, leaning back into my seat. I can't believe this dickhead lied to me...
Soon enough the ball was tossed into the air, taking my attention away from my thoughts, and Draymond caught it tossing it to Steph. Steph quickly started off the game with an easy three. That caused me to cheer loudly. That basically set the tone for the whole game. Steph had started the game off hot but cooled down in the second quarter. Klay had been struggling a bit as well not hitting a single shot.
The game started slowly going in Cleveland's favor, and it made me frustrated knowing that it shouldn't be. Kevin had been the only one holding them up in the second quarter and that wasn't enough.
"They could be doing so much better right now." I sighed as they were now down 10.

Before the halftime buzzer rang, JR Smith had started to heat up, even hitting two three's, making the deficit now 16. The two teams soon departed to their individual locker rooms, while most people around me got up to get snacks before the third quarter. I pulled out my phone and decided to see if I could get some insight from Steph.

You okay?

Curry🍛: Just getting in my own head to much, I just have to shake it off

What's on your mind?

Curry🍛: You. I don't want you to come here and watch us lose..

Don't stress. I came to watch you guys play regardless of if you win or lose, don't let me add any extra pressure..do you Curry

Curry🍛: 😂ai ai captain

I chuckled slightly as most people started to come back down to their seats. The second half finally started again, and the ref threw the ball in the air. Draymond quickly reached up and grabbed it, tossing it to Steph who dribbled it down to their side of the court. I saw him look up in my direction before smirking and dribbling the ball once more before shooting it. He kept his eyes on me as the ball swished in and smiled before jogging back to the other side of the court as applause rang out.
The game quickly swung in the favor of the Warriors as they completely destroyed the lead that the Cavs had and gained a 10 point lead of their own mid-third quarter. As Steph kept up his hot streak and Dray kept destroying Cleveland on defense, even getting a clutch block on LeBron from the three point line. The game was in the Warriors hands and they ended up winning with a 15 point lead. Cheers and applause rang throughout Oracle as everyone stood up at the winners. I stood up myself, heading to walk out when I felt my phone vibrate.

Curry🍛: Can you meet me after? Same place

See you there

Stephen

I smiled as London agreed to see me after the game. I had to thank her for coming, she was my good luck charm atleast. I had also noticed that she was there by herself. I wasn't complaining, but I was also curious.

"You should come out with me." Klay smiled, grabbing his bag.

I chuckled and stood up, grabbing my stuff.
"I'm okay."

"Why not? I haven't seen you in a club in like a decade."

"Ha ha." I smiled. "I have plans, maybe next time."

He rolled his eyes.
"You always say that, but this time I'll take your word for it."

I dapped him up before we went out seperate ways and I walked out of the back door. I looked around before noticing the beauty standing at the end of the hall.

"Hey lady." I smiled, engulfing her in a hug, taking in her signature lavender scent.

She smiled and hugged back.
"Go off then! I saw you hit that game winner!"

I chuckled.
"Only for you babygirl." I noticed her cheeks flush red at the nickname. "Uh, where's your plus one?"

"Um.." She sighed and shrugged. "They decided someone else was more important I guess."

I gave her a soft smile.
"Their loss huh."

She chuckled slightly.
"He's not even my boyfriend, I don't know why I care."

As sad as I felt for her, her mentioning that she didn't have a boyfriend sounded like music to my ears.
"Hey.."

She looked up with a slight pout on her face.

"You want to come by? That guy might've ruined your night but I feel like I could help make it better." I smiled.

She smiled back and nodded.
"I'd love that. I'll follow you back?"

I nodded.
"See who can get there first?"

She chuckled.
"Fine, but no speeding!"

"Of course not ma'am."

Tonight should be fun..