c h a p t e r - f o u r t e e n

Start from the beginning

"Nice moves." He said, stealing the ball from me.

I rolled my eyes as he backed away.

"First one to get 10 wins?"

I nodded.
"Fine."

He threw the ball to me.
"Your ball."

I shrugged and dribbled the ball, drawing him out. I dribbled it between my legs, and tried to cross him up but Steph was a good defender and stayed on me. I made it seem as if I was going to drive to the basket and stepped back, shooting up the shot.
Swish. Easy.

He smiled and grabbed the rebound.
"Alright. Alright. You got moves."

"Yeah. Yeah." I mumbled.

It was nice playing against him, I hadn't played in awhile, and he was nice competition. This started out as just a simple game but got extremely competitive as we were tied 9-9.
It was my ball and I knew I couldn't hit a far away shot with Steph's reaching hands, so I tried to drive to the basket and missed the lay up. We both drove for the rebound but he boxed me out, grabbing the rebound and pushing me to the ground. I played hurt and groaned loudly.
"Damn!"

His eyes slightly widened as he held his hand out to help me up. I grabbed onto his arm and pulled him down with a smirk, grabbing the basketball and gracing the hoop with an easy lay up.
"Ha!" I smiled as he stood up.

"That was a dirty play."

"Like ZaZa stepping on Kawhi's foot." I smirked.

"That wasn't a dirty play."

"Neither was mine." I shrugged.

He chuckled.
"I want a rematch. No mercy."

"Fine. My ball."

He grabbed the ball from me.
"No. My ball."

I reached for it as he held it above his head.
"Steph!"

"What?" He smiled. "All you have to do is take it from me.."

"You're being an asshole." I sighed, jumping up for the ball.

He was like a foot taller than me. He chuckled loudly at my attempts, and I couldn't help but laugh too. His smile was contagious as he lowered the ball and handed it to me. I smirked and dribbled the ball down the court, as he guarded me. His height proved a big advantage, and there was no way I'd be able to make a jump shot without space. I bumped him off a bit, spun around his back, and made a run for the basket, gracing it with a beautiful layup.

He chuckled and clapped his hands.
"Damn!"

"Am I any good?" I asked, throwing the ball towards him.

He caught it in his hands and backed up to halfcourt as I took my defensive stance.
"We're about to see." He smirked, slowly dribbling the ball up to me. As I got closer, making sure he couldn't get the space he needed. He groaned in irritation as I kept my defense perfectly on him. He spun and tried to make a run for the basket, when I blocked his shot.

"Yes!" I cheered, proud of myself for even jumping high enough to block the ball.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed his own rebound, running behind his three point line, and immediately shooting the ball.
Swish. It went in smoothly as I grabbed the rebound.