c h a p t e r - e l e v e n

Start from the beginning

I leaned back on him instinctively. We both looked at the bottom, grimacing as Sobari and Justing embraced before sticking their tongues down each other's throats. I jumped back into Rome as the wind picked up around us, burying my head in his chest.

"Lo...look at me."

I hesitantly raised my head and met his hazel eyes.

"You can do this. How about I go down first? That way you'll know I'll make sure you land properly."

I looked over the ledge, down at Sobari, then back at Rome. I inhaled deeply and nodded.
"I guess we could try that."

He hugged me one last time before releasing his hold on me. He reached for the pulley as he balanced on the edge of the wooden platform.

"See you on the other side." He winked before gliding down the cable line with a series of curse words.

The instructor walked foreard to readjust the cable line, and flashed me a reassuring smile.
"Alright, you are free to go. Just remember to place your right hand flat behind the pulley when your ready to start slowing down. Have fun!"

I nodded, giving her a nervous smile before taking a deep breath, walking forward. Cheers erupted from the bottom of the line.

"Come on London, you've got this!" Sobari screamed.

I stepped as close to the edge before closing my eyes and allowing gravity to take its course as I stepped off. I sailed along the treetops at lightening speed. I found myself actually enjoying the view and the feeling. I screamed louder as Romes grinning face came into view and I braced myself to stop. Next thing I knew I was crashing into a solid body.

"Oh shit." I chuckled, balancing myself as Rome held onto me.

He held me and smirked.
"Told you I'd be here when you landed."

"So! What did you think?" Sobari asked, resting her chin on Justin's shoulder.

"It was amazing!" I smiled.

"Just like I told her it would be." Rome smirked.

"Whatever." I chuckled. "But I should probably head out."

"Oh yeah, your lessons." Justin said.

I nodded as Sobari and Rome furrowed their eyebrows.

"You have to leave?" Rome asked.

"And you told Justin before me." Sobari chuckled.

"I told Justin because he was the driver I thought he would be the first informed and yeah I have to give swimming lessons at 4 and it is 2:30."

"Alrighty. Let's head out." Justin said, leading the way.

They dropped me off and I quickly ran to change, grab my bag, and run back down to my car. I finally made it to the Curry residence with a minute to spare. I walked up to the door and before I could even knock, the door opened causing me to stop and lock eyes with Mrs. Ayesha Curry. My nervousness rose as I had never even been introduced to her even after a couple of lessons with her daughters.

"You must be London. The swim instructor?" She smiled.

I nodded, returning the smile.
"Yes." I said, extending my hand out. "And you must be Mrs. Curry."

She shook my hand and let me in.
"Call me Ayesha."

I nodded as she led me to the backyard where the girls were.
"I'm going to get changed then I'll join you guys out there."

She nodded and I quickly changed and joined them in the pool. The girls had become very fast learners. They could float in over five foot water. Riley could doggy paddle and Ryan was actually gaining a nice swimming form. They could both hold their breath and swim underwater too which is usually some of the things that kids struggle with the most.