Ludwig was still moaning and mumbling. It wasn't doing enough. 

In a moment of impulse and despair, Feliciano removed the comforter from Ludwig, causing him to whimper when the cold air hit his body. "I'm doing this to help" he said under his breath, as he crawled in the bed and got into position, sliding himself down to fit next to Ludwig. "After a nightmare, grandpa would always let me and Romano sleep next to him as it would calm us down... it's worth a try" 

Feliciano laid his head on top of his chest, noticing that his breathing was still irregular and his heart was beating in a frenzy. In an attempt to soothe he lifted his left hand to his face, rubbing small circles on Ludwig's face with his thumb. Feliciano could feel the layer of cold sweat, not knowing how long he had been in the state he was.

After a short while Ludwig began to relax, much to his relief.

"I'm here with you Ludwig..." Feliciano whispered into the room, letting him know he was there to keep him safe.

"Mein Liebe... wartet auf m-mich..." Ludwig uttered between small bursts of crying. Feliciano felt his breath hitch in his throat, causing a ripple effect that made his entire body shiver. It was the first time Feliciano had observed him cry, even if he was sleeping. He couldn't see his face but the tears felt warm as they traveled down his chin and hitting his hand.

"Deine Liebe ..il mio amore... who.." Feliciano repeated to himself, swallowing hard. It had been a long while since he had heard something along those lines. A certain... a very special boy from his childhood had taught him that. What if.. no. He shaked the thought away.

"Ludwig... you're not alone in this.. never again" Feliciano whispered, feeling his own tears spill. 

"Mmm.. nnh"

His words had turned completely incoherent, but that was for the best as his breathing had stabilized and his heart was beating in a steady rythm. He let his left hand slip from his face to resting on Ludwig's chest, lifting himself to get a proper look at him.

"We will figure everything out..." Feliciano whispered before instinctively planting a small kiss on his forehead, swiping away the blonde strands that were in the way. Ludwig's face was softer than he'd ever imagine and his face looked much younger with his hair down. It probably wouldn't hurt to sleep next to him in case his nightmare came back right?

Feliciano decided to stay and fell asleep while holding Ludwig, who had returned to sleeping peacefully himself. 

--

Ludwig awoke to the morning sun seeping through his window, feeling awake and refreshed. His body was still sleepy and heavier than ususal.

Wait. Heavier?

He glanced down to see a small petite figure laying on top of him, brownish auburn hair was splattered over his chest with the all to familiar curl that stuck out. Ludwig closed his eyes again. No. Nonono. That must be a dream.

Sheepishly he opened his eyes again, Feliciano was still there. Laying on top of him shirtless. Oh God was he even wearing clothes? The last thing he remembered was them arguing, not them laying in BED together. Ludwig tried to move his body a little, freeing his right arm. He had the urge to swipe the pesky straying hair away from his forehead.

"Mmhmm... Lud.." Feliciano said, stretching his body a little. Ludwig held his breath in fear he had woken up, but instead he nuzzled his head a little on his chest, going back to stabile breaths.

Ludwig breathed out. He was still sleeping. 

He turned his gaze towards the white ceiling. Although he didn't have any recollection of how they ended up like that, he wasn't stupid.