"Harry is stubborn," I spoke up after a few seconds and furrowed my eyebrows, reaching to grab the joint he was handing me so I could inhale some smoke. "He's arrogant, annoying, hard to handle..."

I looked up to meet his eyes and he was already smiling at me.

"You didn't deny it." Zayn pointed out. "I know I missed a lot in a month... but anyone can see that you like each other. He trusts you and that says a lot. Plus, let's not forget the kinky initials shit you have going on, I'm not blind."

I choked on the smoke and coughed several times, completely forgetting the fact I was wearing tank tops for the past days, which meant he could also see the faint bruises of Harry's initials on my neck.

Fuck, this didn't even cross my mind... the only thing I was thinking about was the list and all those files, and Zayn was just someone who made you feel comfortable around him. I didn't know how he did it, but maybe the fact Harry cared so much about him also made me trust him much quicker.

I also knew Harry had told him about us having sex, I just didn't think about the whole branding detail.

This seemed like so long ago, the cuts on Harry's neck were nearly healed now and the bruises on my ass were also practically gone... god, I missed feeling him close to me. I actually missed feeling him inside me, but those were details.

I forgot how horny I'd get when I smoked, it was a dangerous combination now that I had Harry around.

"I don't like him." I pouted, hugging my knees against my chest. "I like working with him... sometimes. I like the way he's around me and he's funny sometimes too. I like his hands. I also like his eyes. And I like the way he touches me."

Shut up, Cleo.

"Sure, that's all you like." Zayn snorted, grabbing the joint back. "You know, I've been watching you two while we work... the dynamic is something natural, your behavior is so similar that you don't even realize it. It's funny."

"We're not similar." I huffed. "I'm smarter."

"Why do I have a feeling you're talking about me?" Harry's voice startled me and I didn't even realize he'd walked down the stairs, I was so lost in this conversation with Zayn that I actually wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.

Harry was wearing just his black sweatpants, his long hair was wet and falling down his shoulders and I noticed he had changed his bandage on his own. I hated that it covered the ferns he had tattooed on his hips, I missed tracing them with my fingers. And my tongue.

The butterfly on his sternum was exposed though... and the swallows near his collarbones. I also loved the tattoos on his arms, especially the mermaid and the rose. He was just so fucking pretty.

"I'll take the way you're staring at me as a yes, baby," Harry said, and I quickly looked up at his face, and he was already smiling at me. "My living room reeks of weed, did you find my stash, Z?"

"I helped you have a stash, you're welcome." Zayn chuckled. "I'm off to bed, I'm tired today. Cleo is a great company, though."

"When she wants to be." Harry bit his lower lip to hide a smile, stepping closer to me.

Zayn handed me the joint and I watched as he managed to stand up on his own, before Harry could even rush to help him. This was a good sign, it meant he was getting better.

He waved at us and then limped his way to the guest bedroom, leaving Harry and me alone in the living room. I noticed Zayn often did that when Harry was around, he'd just leave us... and now Harry was sitting down next to me, which made my brain focus solely on him.