Part 12 Moonstone*

"Cem, I want you to give me your word, that as long as we are married you will not betray me .. That you will remain faithful "

Cem was stunned ..
There was silence for a few seconds ..
"Emy .. I .." Cem stammered.

"I see.. And just as you hesitating to answer I got my answer,"  Emy said disappointed.
"As you understood... " she added, looking at the family.
"This marriage isn't going to happen ..."

"What are you talking about;" Seida was thrown in terror.

"Today someone took photos from our Kiss. What will happen if they catch him with someone else while we're married? Can you imagine the shame and humiliation i 'll suffer?" The girl explained.

"If I promise you I' ll be careful?" Cem asked timidly and Emy felt her blood boil.
"You are .. You are .. Unbelievable .." She replied angrily.  Looking at the others  say with confidence:
"I won't married him"

Seida and Esra try to calm her down.
"Emy, please don't do this. " Seida said.

" It's a matter of dignity and tm respect .." She answered categorically.

"Emy is right," Esra exclaimed.
"Cem, you have to stay faithful as long as Emy bears your name. The same goes for you, Emy."

"Well, Cem, we're waiting your answer," Yusuf said, looking at him sternly.

"We're talking about a 'white wedding.' I see no reason to interfere in each other's personal lives. Unless Emy hopes this marriage will turn into something real," Cem replied.
"In this case, Emy, I have to make it clear to you that I don't see you erotically, ... For me, you are a good friend and nothing more."

Emy felt as if a knife had been stabbed in her heart. She felt a knot in her neck but remained calm and stared at him.
"Let me remind you that you asked me to marry you to help you .. To help the company not to fall into the wrong hands. I wanted to return to my country, my family, my home .." She stopped and closed tight her eyes taking a deep breath.
"It doesn't make sense to continue this debate .. I cancel our agreement ..." she added disappointed.

"Emy please don't.. ."
Rallia tried to change her mind.

"Fine.." Cem exclaimed
"I give you my word that as long as we are married I will remain faithful," he said defeated.
"Please .. Don't cancel our agreement .. We need you .. I need you .." he added.

Everyone looked at Emy waiting for her reaction.
"Fine, ,and  in turn I give you my word that as long as we are married I will respect you and remain faithful." She replied.

"Yeah" they shouted hopping Rallia, Esra and Marilou, while Seida exhaled in relief as she leaned on Yusuf for support.

************* **************** ******

The rest of the day there was embarrassment and frustration between Emy and Cem.
They avoided each other all afternoon.
Cem locked himself in the office working on his computer while Esra suggested to Emy and the girls to go for a walk and take them on a tour of various places. By the time the girls returned to the mansion most had left to their rooms while Kerem and Cem drank in the garden.

"Oooow .. Welcome" said Kerem as soon as he saw the girls.

"Why You're out until so late? " Cem asked angrily.

Emy looked at him in astonishment.
"What do you mean late? " She looked at the watch on her wrist.
"It is only 22:30 ..." she added.

"And as I said, it's not right to come back so late without a man's company" Cem replied emphatically.