October 2018 - First Few Weeks

-Elizabeth-

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-Elizabeth-

After getting ready for the day with no plans of going outside, I decided to go downstairs and see how Bluey was doing. He jerked a little when the room was all of a sudden bright but became a little calmer when I came into his view. As gentle as I could, I put my hand in but with seeds in it this time. He looked at it, then at me. That went on for about ten minutes until he cautiously put one foot on my hand, probably testing it to make sure it was safe. Though his nails were quite sharp, I didn't budge. His entire body weight was on me then to which I felt I was on top of the world! I was holding a bird! A mini life!

I tore up some lettuce, knowing that it was beneficial to their immune system, and put my hand in again but with some lettuce. His moves were so unrealistic! He gladly chewed on it as if his life depended on it! I mean technically it did but not in the way he acted upon its existence.

Okay, but who in the world likes lettuce apart from me? Everyone I know picks sweets over them without any regrets!

I was willing to give him both millet, which were used as treats, and lettuce to see which one he preferred. His response shocked the heck out of me: lettuce!

Was he trained to eat lettuce before coming here or what?

I couldn't complain though as the lettuce was, to a fault, healthy for him.

As little as I wanted to, I had to study for my test, so I brought Bluey with me, who was on my finger, to my study desk and put him on my computer. On the way though, he seemed intrigued by my pet turtles in the tank. He inched forward, showing me he couldn't wait to go and explore, but I blocked his view. I began to write down my notes with my pencil when his pupils seemed to shrink down in size and then went back to normal.

Do I have an alien budgie, or what's going on?!

It turned out that it could either mean he would turn aggressive over something or someone. He jumped onto my hand that was holding the pencil and bobbed his head at it rather violently! When he noticed my laugh, he continued, making me laugh even harder.

"Ha ha ha!" went Bluey, mimicking me exactly. I took a video of that and sent it to my friends, but after that, he jumped on my phone every time he thought I was taking a picture or video of him. That made everything much harder though I knew not everything was phone, phone, phone.

Regardless, I put my phone down and let him play with my pencil however he wanted to, being careful not to let him bite the lead. He was obsessed with the unused eraser and never even bit it. He only touched it slightly, but the funniest thing happened: He dropped the pencil on the floor. I picked it up and put it in front of him to which he dropped it again. This meant only one thing: He wanted to play! Towards the end, it turned into a fetching game where I was the dog, and Bluey was the owner. When I didn't pick the pencil up fast enough, he grabbed my sweater using his beak and bobbed his head along with it almost at the speed of lightning. He only stopped when his pencil came back.

I knew for a fact that I was about to have an interesting time with him.

-Bluey-

When my eyes decided to open themselves, it was as if the light rays aimed at me! Regardless of the sudden change, I fluffed right back when Elizabeth came into my view.

Thanks for that... This better be good.

Next, she put seeds onto her hand for me to come out of my tiny cage, and just standing on her caused me to feel like I was a bodybuilder and could conquer anything.

I was the king!

I ate the unhealthy yet delicious food until my eyes met the imaginary eyes of the universal and most magnificent food on the entire bird food list: lettuce. It was of a vibrant green like my cousin and juicy-looking, which was all I ever wanted. Ever since the move, I had been longing for water, but this type was way better. I had been told that it was healthy for me anyway; I flew onto her hand before she even got to me. Then, I bit into it giving me great satisfaction for its crunchiness.

After I was full, she put the lettuce into my cage, and carrying me, she walked over to what looked like her study desk that had books scattered. However, on the way, four green semi circles were swimming, looking at me. I thought they were turtles, but as much as I wanted to look further myself, Elizabeth just had to bring me away and block my view.

She then began to pick up a pencil like me and use it on some white surface. It was as shiny as my mirror, so I could see a bird in it! I bobbed my head at it with full Bluey speed to show I was interested in it; Elizabeth took it away from me. I got a good grip on her sweater and bit and tugged at it about a million times until she gave it back to me. My favorite part of the entire pencil was the eraser at the top, but I was probably too violent when it fell onto the floor. Fortunately, she picked it back up for me, but the lettuce was much better as it was edible.

My only wish then was to go see the turtles again...

A/N:

All the three activities I had described didn't happen all in a day even though I wrote it that way. I just didn't want to create three separate parts just to explain these and it'd probably be too repetitive to read anyway. I just thought I needed to point this out. Please don't force birds to do anything too quickly and don't use my story as a care guide. It's for entertainment purposes only and I do make mistakes. I'm a human being, not a robot.

Will Bluey's wish ever come true? Stay tuned to find out but leave your guesses in the comments in the meantime! What do you guys think about this chapter? Here's a present for making it this far:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share on your message board!