“Yeah, like talk about our girlfriends?” Josh said as his face lit up.

We groaned.

Jeremy and I face palmed.

I thought about my own girlfriend and how we’ve both been these past days. I also tried to make up for all those times. Tried to actually feel something for her in return, like she felt for me, you know.

Made the first move more than twice or thrice like it was supposed to be. Treated her like she deserved but all I did feel was just friendship. Chidera and I would be better off as friends. That was it. But I just played along. I was gonna leave her soon, anyway. That was the only good thing coming from this wedding.

“Seriously?” — Jeremy.

“And which girlfriend do you have, Patience Ozokwor or Ngozi Ezeonu, abi?”  Fawaz asked Josh sarcastically.

“Screw you, guy! You will marry Whoopi Goldberg.”

“At least she’s hot,” Fawaz fired back.

“No she’s not. Ore abi?”

“Yes. She is but please, you can’t compare her to mama G! Naija’s momma for life!” I said and Josh’s face dropped.

“Guy, whose side are you on?”

“Um…my side?”

Fawaz laughed.

“If we are gonna talk about girls, can we talk about real girls and not grandmothers?” Jeremy said on top of his voice.

“Oh, I see,” Fawaz smirked evilly. “He wants to talk about his girlfriend, Halima Gbenro, she’s the__”

And…

*WHAM*

Jeremy shoved a pillow into his face, cracking us up.

“Halima is NOT my girlfriend.”

“Oh, my beautiful face,” Fawaz said, caressing it.

Josh laughed and Fawaz smacked his head, hard. I laughed. These guys were a real vibe.

“Wait, hold up, Jeremy, you get babe?” I feigned surprise. I knew it was Joy-Anne, it was too obvious. Figured all his annoying and frustrating Tom and Jerry banter with her was proof. “And you didn’t tell me?”

Jeremy gave me the middle finger before he spoke. “Yes ode, I do. And it’s__”

“Joy-Anne Folarin. Yes we kuku know,” Josh said with a smile, still caressing his head.

Jeremy blushed.

“Aswrrr guy, Folarin na spec oh, she too fine, she fine dieeee! Show me the way na, how did you do it?” Fawaz quipped.

He was right and I don’t know why I haven’t said this before. Joy-Anne was the most beautiful girl in our set. Very beautiful. No offence to Chidera but Joy was a whole different kind of beauty. With warm, brown eyes, cute dimples, flawless light colored skin, amazing hair, fairly tall, and slim body with curves, she could pass out for a GLOW magazine model.

“I’m happy for you oh, guy, I swear, I am. Somebody will finally help you sit your butt down,” I said. “But honestly, what’s the full gist?”

“Tell us, man,” Josh said and sat in front of Jeremy directly in his face. Jeremy pushed his face away by covering the whole face with his palm. Remember when I said Josh did amebo for a living? This was another of those times.

“Violent, much?”

Jeremy gave him the middle finger.

“Guy, your finger will just break.”