“Sure sis, you can go now,” He replied.

She nodded and hesitated before her eyes landed on me. “Hi, senior Ore.” She said shyly.

“Hi dear, wassup?” I smiled at her.

“I’m fine, thank you,” she said and blushed. Was about to say more when Jeremy yelled:

“Shane, you can go now! We will be down soon!”

I chuckled at how he was forming strictness.

“Whatever,” she said, hissed and slammed the door in annoyance.

“Oshey baddest big brother on the planet!”— Josh.

“You don’t want her to fall for fine boy abi? Even though it was only head boy she acknowledged, we sha meuve!” — Fawaz.

Jeremy only hissed. “Abeg let’s go and eat jhor. Stupid fools.”

We stood up. Fawaz and Josh led the way and I was the last to leave the room. I stepped a little ahead of Jeremy and he pulled me back.

Looked me in the eye directly before he spoke.

“Bro, you good?”

I chuckled. “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I know you Ore, you never let your guard down like that. I mean, how can an ordinary player like me beat you in PES?! Even though I’ll never let you hear the last of it. Tell me what’s up. I know something is up.”

For some reason, Jeremy’s always been one to see through me, even though I’ve never actually let him through. I always covered up my feelings.

“Nothing’s up.”

Lies.

“Sure?” He quirked an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I am. And trust me to always tell you if ever anything comes up.”

Lies.

He did not look convinced but he sighed. “Fine, I’ll trust you, then.”

“Thanks man.” I smiled.

He smiled back and patted my shoulder. Then both of us headed downstairs to eat.

                   |ͽ~ ͽ~ ͽ~ ͽ~ ͽ|

After our meal, me and the guys remained downstairs and sprawled ourselves in the sitting room, on the sofa.

Josh engaged us in a talk about football and we were arguing about the best team between Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

Jeremy was on his phone, grinning like a mad dog and I figured he was probably chatting with his girlfriend.

My phone vibrated and checked to see a message from an unknown number:

+234905xxxxxxx: Hey Ore, this is Gift Eniola from Science class two, hope you’re good? Please I just wanted to ask when we are meeting for the project?

Project? What project?

“My main reason for still being here is y’all are gonna have to do a physics project.”

Oh, that project. I forgot about it.
I also didn’t know how to reply because I wasn’t so sure…

My phone rang and I saw it was Aisha’s caller ID that appeared on my phone screen. Why’s this one calling now? I rolled my eyes before getting up and heading outside to pick up.

“What?” I said once I picked up.

“That’s a very nice way to greet your big sister.”

“Who’s my senior with just one year?”

“But is still older.”

She always derived pleasure in mouthing trash like this.

“Yeah, whatever.” I rolled my eyes. “Why’d you call?”

“Liyah’s missing.”

I racked my brain for who owned that name but I had no clue.

“Um…who now?”

“Well, Aaliyah is her full name, your bride-to-be, she’s missing, probably got kidnapped,” she said it so calmly that I thought it was fake.

“Oh…Wait, for real?”

“Yes. Wedding’s been shifted until we find her.”

My joy knew no bounds when I heard that but I composed myself and tried to act concerned, not happy.

“Ooh, um what a pity, the poor girl.” I sighed.

“Shut up, Ore! You and I both know that this News is very pleasing to you.”

“Wow, you just figured?”

“Ugh, just come home. We gotta figure out a way to get her back.”

“Whatever.” I hung up and willed myself not to dance because the wedding’s only be shifted not cancelled.

I quickly saved Gift’s number and replied her message.

Me: Okay babe, let’s talk about it in school on Monday?

She didn’t text back immediately so I went back into the house, and picked my stuff up.

“You’re already going?” Jeremy’s head jerked up from his phone as he probably noticed me moving.

“Yeah,” I said. “Catch y’all later.”

We did our bro’s handshake and then I left.

I literally skipped as I went to my car. It was a bad thing for someone to be kidnapped but I was happy, happy that for a while, I could live my normal life.

Wedding’s been shifted.

Hallelujah!

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Who else is dancing? Because I am ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!

They af Kidnapped Ore's bride to be 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Okay, okay...how are you?

How far?

How'd you see this chapter???

Come on, tell me, don't be shy, fill me in!!!

And I'm sorry for stalling oh😩😩 I recently started reading Percy Jackson series (done with the five books tho) and the books are awesome!!!! 😩😩 And I'm pretty freaking sure I have a crush on Percy!😩😂

Yup, you read right. I have a crush on a fictional character 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Anyways...vote. comment. Share.

Another chapter's gon'be up today! Anticipate!!!!

😎

~Ife.