𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Start from the beginning

"Y'all have fun" I heard my mother say, I looked at the screen and frowned as I heard her tone of voice that didn't sound like her usual self.

"Mommy..." I called out, she shook her head.

"I'm okay baby" she said, I eyed her as she looked down at the phone. "I'll call you some other time, okay"

"Okay" I said lowly, I sighed as the phone hung up and looked into the mirror.

"Everything cool?" Paris asked, I smiled small as he pecked my neck and nodded. "Then why you looking like dat' fa? What's wrong?"

I shook my head as I placed my phone onto the counter and grabbed the flat irons before I continued to straighten my hair as he stood there looking at me through the mirror.

"Euphoria..." Paris called out, I hummed in response. I paused and stopped as I was about to comb my hair until I felt Paris grabbed me and lifted me up placing me on the counter, I looked down as Paris placed both of his hands on each side of me while he stood there looking at me. "Talk ta' me mama"

"Where yo mind at?" He asked rubbing my thighs.

"I'm worried about my mama..." I said lowly.

"Everything good back home, right?" Paris asked, I shrugged. "Wassup wit' ha?"

"I don't know..." I said grabbing Paris's fingers before I started fidgeting with them. "Her and the baby is okay but I don't know if she's okay alone. Kareem stays out most of the day because he works, he only comes home at night or whenever he has the rest of the day off..."

"I'm not there so I feel bad and I'm starting to become worried because she's home by herself. Her and the baby..." I said.

Since I left home I hadn't had time to really talk to my mother like I said that I'd would, I was too caught up with having fun and thinking about Paris that'd I forgot to check up on her. It wasn't my intentions but now that I'd actually gotten the chance to talk to her and actually hear her talk, I could feel that there was something wrong I just didn't know what.

Whether it was just her or the baby, my mother isn't the type to talk about her feelings as much and I'd realize that's what I've gotten that from.

She'd say she's okay but really that isn't the case.

I could tell just from her voice that something was off and I at least wanted to be able to know what it was so I wouldn't think about it as much.

"You don't gotta feel bad fa' not being there mama..." I heard Paris say, I looked up at him. "Yo mama want you ta' have fun"

"Don't you wanna have fun?" Paris asked, I nodded. "Aight den', I know you worried about ha' and the baby and you got every right ta' be but we don't need you thinking the worst right now..."

"You think if there was something wrong she would've told you?" He asked, I shrugged.

"I don't—I mean, I guess. We always talk to each other about things but she's not talking to me about what's wrong" I said, he nodded.

"And y'all probably will talk but just not right now. She want you to enjoy yo self..." Paris said, I sighed. "It's gone be hard but just try ta' think and stay positive, aight"