Lets Talk About The Ocean Affected My Life!🌊🐚

Hi my name is Mason and  I am 13 years old. To start off, I have always loved the ocean and sea animals since I was later. One day, I expressed my feelings about the ocean and it grew big. As a little kid I always collected seashells at the beach and would put it in a Tarzan tin I used to love. I still do it and it was so much fun to me. A couple years ago, I  went to Target and got so much ocean decor and I loved it very much. First I got some bed decor to start off and then it kept growing and growing.

The ocean is so calming and beautiful and I love it so much. I don't know what I would do without it. A year ago an ad on my phone popped up called 4ocean, this website changed my life. This website is to clean the ocean and coastlines. Every day they pick up trash from the ocean and you could purchase any of their products at www.4ocean.com. I bought one of their anniversary bracelet and I started to get more bracelets of animals like Orcas which is my favorite animal. I also got a dolphin one, and many more. I also have two 4ocean water bottles as well. I love them very much, they can help reduce more plastic bottles being in the ocean.

I love their products so much. Every purchase you make, you pull 1 pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. They have pulled about 10 billion pounds of trash so far. It's so crazy how just by cleaning the ocean you save so many innocent sea animals. That's why we should help out and spread the word. They have a machine called the Harbor Skimmer and it helps take out even more trash from the ocean and coastlines. 4ocean makes bracelets from recycled materials which helps fund their efforts. Each bracelet purchased contributes to one pound of plastic removed from our oceans. To date, 4ocean has helped remove more than 100,00 pounds of plastic bottles, bags, straws and more from beaches and oceans across the world.

  Let's talk about how plastic affects the ocean and marine life. Plastic affects the ocean and marine life by people. People just leave trash at the beach or anywhere where there's water with marine life. According to the United Nations, at least 800 species all around the world have been affected by marine debris, and a percent of that trash is plastic.  If you have popped a balloon anywhere near the ocean the sea turtle will think that it's a jellyfish but it's not and the sea turtles consume it. They often get stomach problems and maybe die if not treated. This is the kind of stuff I like to talk about, something that's very important to our economic system.

If a fish, seabirds, sea turtles, and other marine animals can become entangled in or eat plastic debris causing suffocation, starvation, or drowning. Plastic waste kills a lot of seabirds a year. Debris is scattered pieces of waste or remains which can kill sea life if not treated. You could make a difference, and not just buy stuff but you could clean up trash at the beach. Just remember, if you leave trash at the beach then your trash. You could really make a difference by pitching in. Make sure you save the ocean and coastlines!