Septem - Muggleborn Witch - VII

ARIADNE watches in barely restrained awe when the food disappears right before her eyes. She glances at Hermione before clenching her fists underneath the table.

  "Appearance. Keep your appearance up," Ariadne reminds herself calmly, taking in a deep breath. She'll have plenty of time to be excited when she was away from the judgement of her House.

  The great hall quickly quiets down when an old man in the center of the staff's table stands up. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

  "...isn't it called the Forbidden Forest?" Ariadne leans closer to her sister to ask the question. Hermione nods silently, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

  "Slytherin first years, with me," A 15 year old girl with long black hair, dark eyes, and tan skin states cooly, being the first Slytherin to stand up. Ariadne and Hermione wait a few moments before getting up as well.

  "Mia, stay close to me," Ariadne whispers to her younger sister as she discreetly grabs the sleeve of her robes. Hermione nods before they start following the older female.

  Ariadne instinctively steps to the side, pulling Hermione with her, and barely misses a rough shove towards her. Through her peripheral vision, she sees the previous 15 year old boy scowl heavily with his fists clenched.

  Hermione gently grabs Ariadne's wrist and starts walking ahead. The older 11 year old adjusts Hermione's hand to hold it as they start walking out of the great hall.

  "I wonder if they have archery here," Hermione says quietly, making Ariadne smile slightly.

  "It's not exactly magic," Ariadne points out, "but I hope so too. Well, I hope they have something similar to martial arts."

  They ignore the looks, stares, and glares pointed towards them as they leave with the rest of the first years. Ariadne gives Blaise a small smile when they pass by each other.

  "Should we write to Sienna? This night has been more unexpected than I imagined it would be," Hermione asks quietly. Ariadne hums in thought, mostly focused on their path towards their common room, wherever it was.

  "If anything happens tonight, yes," She answers before the group of first years stops in front of a ledge. Ariadne barely refrains from gasping when an entire stone staircase moves over to the front of the ledge, leading down.

  Ariadne shivers slightly the lower they get. They eventually walk so far down, Ariadne's sure they were underground.

  "Now that we're away from those other Houses, I'll now tell you all the rules," The 15 year old states coolly, glancing back with a smirk.

  "Rule one: any problems in Slytherin must stay in Slytherin. Everyone is against us and we need to appear as one unit. Rule two: Any student of Slytherin that gets in trouble by any other member of staff must answer to Professor Snape. He is our Head of House and he does not tolerate any dirt on our reputation. Rule three: Tattling will not be tolerated. You see something, you figure out how to use it to your advantage. And the last rule, rule four: don't get caught. Are all of these rules clear?" Ariadne appears indifferent as the girl stares straight at her and her sister.

  "My name is Gemma Farley. I am a Prefect here. If you need help or advice, please be sure to come to me." Gemma stops in front of a wall. "Purity."

  Ariadne blinks as the wall slowly moves away, revealing a large common room. She grips Hermione's hand a bit tighter as they walk in.

  "The passcode changes every fortnight. The new passphrase will be posted on our bulletin. Try not to forget it or you'll have to wait for someone who knows it to let you in," Gemma continues as she stops in the middle of the common room. Ariadne looks around in slight awe at the dark common room.

  It was decorated in cool colors and everything seemed to have a green tint to it from the large window showing the green murky water of the lake. Everything was lavish and traditionally styled, holding a regal sense to the room. There was a fireplace that peacefully crackled to life, bringing a small amount of warmth into the freezing room. Books lined the wall next to the glass wall with seemingly ancient and old books obviously well-taken care of.

  "I wonder if they ever used those," Ariadne wonders as she stares up at the old silver swords mounted above the fireplace.

  Gemma turns around with a hand to her hip. "The rooms were immediately assigned when the Sorting happened. I apologize to whichever girl gets stuck with the Mudbloods. I'm sure Professor Snape is doing what he can to resolve the... issue."

  Ariadne and Hermione don't show anything in their expressions to the obvious insult. Gemma frowns slightly before scoffing.

  "The male dorms are on the left and the female on the right. You're names will be inscribed into the door. Now, Professor Snape has something to say," The 15 year old states before walking away. Ariadne jumps slightly when a man suddenly walks past her, his black cloak billowing behind him.

  He turns around, immediately making Ariadne's posture straighten. He had the same expression her parents have when she doesn't exceed their expectations.

  "...my name is Professor Severus Snape... I am the Potions Master... and the potions professor here at Hogwarts... I am also your Head of House. Let me make one thing clear. I do not care for petty drama and backstabbings inside Slytherin. It is not... my... problem. It becomes my problem when you publicly have this drama. Everyone else in this school... they despise us Slytherins. We must not, and will not, show any weakness... Is that clear?" The greasy looking man states in an awkwardly cold drawl. His eyes narrow when no one speaks.

  "I am... including the little... Muggleborns we have now. They are Slytherins. Ignore them or treat them as normal Slytherins... I don't care. Now, I will only ask you one more time... Is this all clear?"

  "Yes, Professor Snape." Ariadne and Hermione are the first to speak. They keep their tones indifferent and keep their eyes on their Head of House instead of the other first years that turn to stare at them.

  Professor Snape scowls slightly before nodding his head. "Curfew is at 8:00, but as long as you stay inside the common room, I don't care. You will be given your timetables during breakfast tomorrow. I do not tolerate any tardiness of my snakes. Please try and solve your petty little problems before coming to me."

  Ariadne blinks when Professor Snape pivots around, his cloak billowing behind him again. He slinks out of the common room in a dramatic flare, almost making the brunette giggle.

  "I appreciate the seriousness... but why all the dramatics?" She thinks in exasperation. She glances at her younger sister before they walk towards the dorm rooms.

  She wants to settle in for a bit before everything goes to hell.

-----

Hey! Hope you like the new chapter! A bit of a small filler chapter... Sorry. The next chapter should be longer and will have a lot more drama in it.

I keep thinking it's a crappy chapter too. I planning to make the next chapter or two longer because it'll finally be into the school life of Hogwarts.

Also with Snape's long pauses in his speech, he was always a dramatic little shit. I despise Snape, but I have to give him credit for his bitchy dramatics.

I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Bye.

WhovianWhoudini