The center table of my living room was covered with bloody gauzes and first aid kit supplies, he was doing things extra slowly, probably to make sure he wasn't going to fuck it up. I appreciated his help, I was in no condition to take care of myself.

I was so fucking angry that my heart was still racing ever since Cleo stabbed me. Of course she had a fucking spare knife... I was about to kill her when she surprised me and now I was kinda glad I didn't.

Because I planned on having a little talk with her and she was going to explain herself before I finished where I left off. I never even mentioned her name or the fact she was with me in the VIP room... no.

Cleo was all mine, no one was going to lay a finger on her except for me, I was going to kill her on my own and enjoy every single second of it. But before I could do that, I needed to find out why she was back into my life again.

Why now?

"Trust me, she'll pay." I snorted, pulling away from Zayn and letting my dirty shirt fall on the floor after I completely removed it, grabbing the bottle of whiskey so I could take another sip as I ignored Zayn's burning gaze on me.

"She's quite something... I didn't expect her to look like that. You seemed like you were enjoying yourself... what kind of game are you playing?" Zayn asked me and I focused my gaze on the floor, stopping myself from punching him in the face.

"Of course I enjoyed it, you've seen her." I huffed. "She's one step ahead of me, she always is... I'm going to figure out why before I kill her."

"Your father is not going to enjoy hearing about this, Harry. You know about the truce, the Styles-Horan drama goes a long way back and it's going to be very fucking chaotic if you dare to break it." He said, reaching out his hand to grab mine so he could inspect the bandage on my hand. "What happened here? Fuck, how bad did she hurt you?"

I rolled my eyes when he pushed the gauze to the side so he could see the bloodstained stitches on my palm, right where Cleo had pressed her fingers when she was grinding her pretty ass all over my cock.

I had no fucking idea which game we were playing, but she was very mistaken if she thought she'd call the shots

"I was about to kill her," I whispered, looking up to meet his eyes. "I cut her neck before she stabbed me."

"She knows what she's doing, she hit you on the same place again and it's an ugly wound now." Zayn chuckled and I glared at him one more time."

Sorry, you know I laugh too much when I'm high. I wasn't expecting you to drag me out of the club after telling me you killed Mark Tomlinson and got a lap dance from your enemy."

Well, it sounded quite intense if he put it that way. Killing Mark was too easy, I wasn't worried about that. No one would know it was me, I paid enough to assure that, as reckless as my behavior had been.

I was usually pretty good when it came to doing my job, Cleo was the only one who made me look like a fucking idiot. But she wasn't the only one who was studying her rival, I knew I affected her.

She was flustered when I mentioned the lap dance and it was proof enough to me that she had enjoyed it more than she wished she had. I remembered the way her chest was heaving with deep breaths as she moved her hips.

Danger was the most tempting kink of them all.

She turned me on mostly because of that, I wasn't ashamed of admitting it. I wondered if she knew she felt the same. I was embracing every single thing that pissed me the fuck off about her, such as this insane attraction, so it would only feel better once I finally got my hands on her.

I wouldn't be unprepared or unarmed ever again, that was for sure.

"Do you really think it could be a coincidence that she was in the same club as me, waiting in a VIP room that my very target decided to walk into? She was dressed like a stripper and pretending to be a dancer, this was her plan." I shook my head, standing up from the couch and ignoring the soreness spreading through my body.

It felt like I had run a marathon, the intense adrenaline I felt during the fight blinded all my senses and drained me out more than I expected, I just needed a shower and some sleep before facing my father in the morning and digging deeper into this whole Cleo situation.

"You need some rest, Harry. I'm gonna be really fucking hangover tomorrow and we can talk about this later. You're all stitched up so please don't burst them again." Zayn rolled his eyes, standing up from the couch and grabbing the wet cloth from the center table to clean my blood off his hands. "Happy birthday."

"Fuck you." I scoffed, my bad mood was a reflection of how hard it was being for me to process this shit. "You can go, thank you. I need some time alone to think."

"Harry Styles, time alone, and thinking are not things that belong in the same sentence." Zayn cupped my face before he pulled away from me, scratching the back of his head and grabbing his coat from my sofa. "Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. I'll stop by tomorrow."

I simply nodded, watching as he walked out of my house and left me alone.

Well, not entirely alone. Cleo was haunting my mind like a fucking ghost and I left the mess in the living room, making my way to my bedroom on the second floor after I turned on the lights.

I decided to take a quick shower to wash off the blood. Before Cleo stepped into my life again, it'd been long months since I bled this much or been wounded like this. Yeah, it was exciting... but I was running out of fucking patience because she always left unharmed.

After I finished undressing, I turned on the hot water and walked into the large shower cubicle, wincing as soon as the stream hit my recently stitched wound. I pushed my wet hair off my face and simply watched the blood go down the drain as it washed off my body.

A chill went down my spine and I took a deep breath, trying to empty my head and relax at least a little before my brain could explode.

I had so many theories about Cleo and her involvement that I wished I could ask my father, but I didn't trust anyone except for Zayn. So I was going to do this alone. Harder.

Her voice echoed in my thoughts as if she was with me in the bathroom, a soft hiss like a snake approaching its prey. I hated to admit how much she had caught me off guard and affected me, I felt like she knew of weaknesses not even I was aware of. But fuck... the way her body felt against mine

No.

I looked down and my cock was already getting hard, I wasn't going to let this happen and I wouldn't let her win.

I got out of the shower and carefully dried myself, not even bothering to put on clothes before I made my way to my bedside table, turning on the small lamp I had there before I laid down on my bed.

The dim lighting was just enough and what I needed, I couldn't be in the dark by myself.

I just couldn't.