Chapter 68

***Follow me guys and vote for chapter***

Who will win amongst them in the court of life? 

I just kept looking at them as the tension in the air became thicker. I don't know how but his green pools were making me tongue-tie as I didn't know what to say after hearing their conversation. So I choose to say the reason why I came here but before I need to apologize for interrupting their conversation. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth. 

"Sorry for interrupting your conversation but Ava I need to discuss something with you before you pass the documents," I said with a small smile on my face. 

"You didn't need to apologize as you interrupted nothing here. The conversation here was long over but some people just won't accept it" she said in a bitter tone as she finally found the energy to move away from her sport. I didn't miss how Mr. Robert glared at her with his emerald eyes after listening to her bitter words. 

"Nothing is over until I say so. Fit these words in your mind so you won't suffer in the come future" he said in the same tone making Ava clench her jaw to control her anger. 

"Mr. Roberts you could go now as you can see I don't even have a single second to spare for all useless talks," she said in her grim voice while gesturing towards the door of her office. His eyes became hard when he heard her. Instead of going out, he looked at me with the same look in his eyes. 

"Mrs. Millers as I can see you are here to talk about legal documents so it would be good if I stay here too and note all the changes you want. It will save all of our time," he said in his only business voice that I couldn't even reject. I looked at Ava to see if she was comfortable. And from her face, I knew she was not. 

"Don't worry Mr. Robert, about taking notes you can go, I will inform your assistant as he deals with it. You can leave now as you are a very busy person" she said bitterly to get him out of her office. 

"Don't worry about my time and from now onwards I'm going to personally look into all the documents that come from you. So let's start the discussion" he said while looking from me to her. His eyes lingered on her angry face more than needed and I saw a smirk on his face as he was successful in staying here until our decision was over. I knew one thing he was only going to make her more pissed than she is with his presence. I nodded in yes and we started our discussion. 

After half an hour we were done with documents. I tell you now Ava was beyond piss because each time she suggested something he would oppose it and come up with something different. At some point, it was fun watching them. It made me feel they were perfect for each other in some strange way. Ava was like a fire ready to burn and he was like ice that freezes everything he touches. My train of thoughts broke as I heard someone entering Ava's office. I turned to look back and my eyes lit up as I saw Jack coming towards me. 

How did he come so early? 

"Hello everyone," he said as he saw all three of us. His eyes glinted in amusement as they lingered on Michele and Ava. He walked towards me and stood behind my chair. I saw Michele nodding at him with a smirk on his face. He certainly knows something about them. 

"I will get back to you with new changed documents," he said in a stern voice while looking at Ava. 

"It was nice meeting you Mrs. Miller," he said with a smile on his face as he stood up from his seat. I too stood up in the process. 

"You can call me Nina and it was nice meeting you too," I said while taking his hand. 

"Well I must say my mother's word-by-word description about your beauty was so true," he said with a smirk on his face making me blush. I didn't know how to respond to him but before I could a hand was wrapped around me possessively.