Chapter 2

AN: So, I ended up deciding that Nicole would meet Carlisle before the events of Twilight. Just to say, the next couple of chapters will have a lot of time skips. Also, I don't really know anything about pregnancies, so the stuff I write be inaccurate.

A week went by. Nicole had gotten settled in with her dad. But now that she was settled in, Nicole had many things she needed to do. Charlie was right. She had time before she needed to worry about getting stuff for the baby. Right now, Nicole was focused on more important things at the moment.

Nicole woke up that morning. She stretched and yawned before getting out of bed. She made her way downstairs and started making breakfast.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Charlie greeted, walking into the kitchen.

"Morning Dad." Nicole said.

"You don't have to make breakfast every day." Charlie said.

"I don't mind." Nicole said. "Plus, if I don't, who will?"

Charlie chuckled. "Smells great." He said.

In the middle of making breakfast, Nicole felt nauseous and bolted up to the bathroom. Charlie rushed after her. He held her hair back and rubbed her back while she got sick. After a minute, Nicole flushed the toilet and cleaned herself up.

"Are you ok?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah." Nicole said as she walked back the downstairs. "The food smelling great makes one of us."

When she finished with breakfast, Nicole made herself some tea.

"How'd you sleep?" Charlie asked as he set the food on the table.

"Eh." Nicole said, sitting at the table.

"It always took you a couple nights to get used to sleeping in a new place." Charlie said.

"I guess I'm still that way." Nicole said.

"What do you have planned for today?" Charlie asked.

"I have a bunch thing I need to get done today." Nicole answered.

"Like what?" Charlie asked.

"I need to enroll in school, look for a job, and make a doctor's appointment." Nicole listed off.

"Well, I already made a doctor's appointment for you with that new doctor that just moved here. It's this afternoon. And I will go to the school today to get you enrolled for the school year." Charlie said. "As for the job, you don't need to get a job."

"I need to be able to take care of this baby." Nicole said. "I can't do that if I don't have any money."

"I can provide for both you and your baby." Charlie said.

"I can't ask you to do that." Nicole said.

"Nicole, I'm afraid that it's going to be overwhelming or too much for you if you take on both school and a job. You're going to get tired out pretty quickly if you do both." Charlie said. "I'm offering to help you. Let me, please."

"Thanks Dad." Nicole said.

"Of course." Charlie said. "You made breakfast, so let me clean up."

"I'm going to go take a shower." Nicole said.

"Alright." Charlie said. Nicole headed upstairs to take a shower.

Later that day, Charlie pulled up in front of the hospital.

"Do you want me to go in with you?" Charlie asked.

"I think I'll be ok by myself." Nicole said.

"Is it ok if I go to the station while you're in your appointment?" Charlie asked.