Undeniable feelings

Start from the beginning

So once I was in Jason's arms, he turned, taking a few steps to the wheelchair before placing me in it.

My cheeks burned with a blush, feeling somewhat like a child in his hold, but not really minding all that much.

Once we left the room, getting home was the only thing on my mind. Now that I didn't have to worry about what my dad would say, and knowing everything between Dick and I was okay, I felt relaxed and at ease.

Our fight was forgotten now. Behind us. Our relationship was stronger and I knew he was supporting my decision to be with Jason.

We were headed home. Home.

That was an odd word for me. Sure it meant the house I lived in back in New York. It meant dad, Dick, Damian, Selina and my sisters to, but with Jason, it meant so much more.

It meant warm cuddles and tender kisses. Hand holding and gentle touches. I know my family loves me wholeheartedly just like I love them, but the feelings Jason gave me were something entirely new and exciting.

Everything I had always hoped for.

Damian joined us as Jason pushed me down the hall. He seemed lively. More so than usual. His natural grumpy exterior now seemed light, happy, maybe even fun.

I knew he had talked with Jason about something, but Jason told me Damian would be talking to me himself. Curiosity was bubbling inside me at the wonder of what it could be about.

Once we were outside, Jason turned towards Dick and Dad. "You are all more than welcome to stay at my estate till the end of your trip. It's far better than the hotel. And not to brag, but better food too."

It was true. The estate was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention easily twice the size of the hotel. Nodding enthusiastically, I smiled at them, hoping they'd take his offer. "He's right. You guys should. Please?"

The grin on Dick's face said it all as he and dad nodded. Damian didn't make any moves to argue as he grinned.

Jason nodded back. "Perfect. I'll have some rooms ready for you and I can send someone for your stuff."

Dad thanked him, smiling at me before looking at Jason. "We'll just follow behind you and Tim then." He turned, heading to the rental car with Dick.

After situating myself in the car, I just laid my head back against the seat, trying to relax as best as I could. I wasn't really in any pain right now which was nice, thanks to the Doctors meds.

Jason started to drive while Damian sat quietly in the backseat. He insisted on riding with us which was fine by me. I was glad he wanted to spend time with us, but it was starting to get too quiet.

"So Dami, what did you wanna talk to me about?" I didn't have to look back to know I had his attention.

It was only a moment before he answered. "Oh, well we don't have to talk right now. You should just rest. I know the meds make you tired." That made me frown a little, wondering now if there was something upsetting him.

I turned slightly to look back at him and gave him a small smile. "Dami I'm fine, it seemed important. We can talk now, it's okay."

He sighed out, nodding slowly. "Well, I wanted to stay here longer. So that I could be with you."

He spoke softly and I had to strain slightly to hear him. I wasn't sure I had even heard correctly till Jason spoke. "I told him he was always welcome at the estate. It's not like I don't have the room."

My heart felt full. Almost overflowing.

Damian wanted to stay because I would be here? Why though? Have I really changed that much since I met Jason? Has our relationship really changed that much?

I hadn't realized how quiet I had been, till Damians voice cut through my thoughts. "I don't have to. I know you're recovering and probably need some space. I'll get to see you when you visit."

Shit! Speak Tim. Use your words.

"No, Dami, I would absolutely love for you to stay. I'm so glad you want to...can I just ask...why?" As I turned to look back, I watched his face scrunch in confusion. Maybe that was a dumb question after all.

"Why? Tim...everything that's happened here...between you and Jason and between us, I feel like I've finally connected with you and...I don't want to lose that."

I was already tearing up. Feeling the tears puddle in my eyes. It wasnt that I was a bad brother, but I knew what he ment. It all made perfect sense now.

"Oh Damian, I'm sorry I couldn't be this brother sooner. I want you to stay as long as you want. I can still recover while hanging out with you. But Damian, trust me when I say this,"

I reached back for his hand and he eagerly grabbed it, his own tears welling up in his eyes. "I promise you Damian, you'll never lose me."

He nodded, blinking away the tears before smiling. "O-okay." My smile matched his and we just held onto each other's hands.

It was such an odd sensation for me. I'd always wanted this relationship with Damian, but before, it's like I couldn't get my brain to understand that. I knew now, Jason hadn't just fixed me, he had rewired me.

Now, instead of feeling pain at my family's touch, I felt something warm and fuzzy. Kinda like when you put your hand up against a really old TV after turning it on. It made me feel giddy, childish, happy. So very happy.

This was something I would cherish forever.

Not only did I now have unbelievable love, I also finally had a relationship with my family that I was desperately missing. Nothing could make me give this up. It was a drug and I was addicted.