CHAPTER 38- Suspicious

Start from the beginning

"What if you stay at Hayvenhurst?" he said and sat back down, this time on the chair near the bed.

"Stay at your home? I don't want to be a nuisance to Mrs. Jackson," I replied, thinking twice about his offer.

"You won't be. Mother would love some company, especially by you," he cheekily said.

"What about my work? I'll have to travel long hours to get to the office,"

"Then I'll bring the office to you. Don't worry I'll talk to Mr. Cohen, I'm sure he'll let you do work at home,"

"But I can stay at Jaz, Michael. There's no need to-"

"Please, Mia?" those two words accompanied by his pleasing demeanor were the way to convince me to agree with his proposal.

"I'll think about it" I smiled at him and he did as well but his was bigger.

"Great. That way I can take care of you," he said as he stood up again.

"Wait, don't you have shows to do?" I asked confusingly. I can't bear the guilt if I'm the reason for the delays or cancellations of his shows. It's too much.

"I do. But I only have one show to do here and I have the rest of the break until December," he explained. "I'll just talk to Bill outside for a bit. I'll be back my angel," he steps forward and kiss my forehead once more, and made his exit.

A smile was plastered on my face, knowing that I will be okay. It's hard to forget what that bastard did to me because he trampled on the dignity that I built for so long and with that, I can never forgive him. He's indifferent to me now. I just hope he gets what he deserves in the eyes of the law.

I will be okay.

We will be okay.

Right?

—-

I stayed true to my word and thought about Michael's offer. He's so adamant in convincing me to stay so I gave in. He kept me company when I was packing some things to bring to Hayvenhurst. When we arrived there, the apartment was a mess including the drinking glass shattered on the floor. Droplets of my blood stained the marbled flooring. It looks like a scene from a horror movie and it is, it just so happen that it occurred in my reality.

He helped me pack quickly so we can get out there as soon as possible. I only packed lightly, it's not like I'm moving in or anything. I'm just going to stay there for a couple of days until I figure out a plan.

Jaz also knows my plan. She's willing to take me in but she basically forced me to accept Michael's offer. Even if she does take me in, I don't want to be a burden to her also. Besides work, she has a lot of responsibilities being a daughter as well.

The doctor released me with Dr. Garner's permission. They didn't do tests on me like what Dr. Garner would do if I were in her clinic. I didn't want Michael to see or question anything since he never left my side the minute he arrived. I felt like my doctor knew my wishes when I gave her a warning with my eye. She just told me to rest well.

The car ride to his home was solemn and silent. He let me rest my head on his shoulder and I slept like a baby until we arrived. Bill opened the car door and noticed that he fell asleep too. I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable.

Coming back here at Hayvenhurst brought bittersweet memories. The indifference of me and Michael made it impossible for us to see the bigger picture of what might've been if we continued with that kiss in his recording studio. It was full of fear and apprehension but that is out of the window now.