{30}

Lilith Swan

"So it is treason then" Called Aro after thoroughly inspecting Bella's mind. After all this time I couldn't bring myself to feel pity for the girl, she had brought this on herself after all. It was impossible to think, if you'd have asked me all those months ago, that Bella Swan would be executed for high treason. Yes, she was selfish and rude, often seeking attention and drama, but she'd changed. The Bella I knew growing up although painfully awkward and sometimes shy never seemed like a girl to attempt to wipe out a family.

She was held tightly in place by Felix and Demetri as Caius had someone like a torch in preparation for Bella. This would be hard on Charlie, and was something I wanted to avoid for him, knowing that one of his children were dead, but she was going to do it to him anyway. The Cullens had a cover-up story planned ever since she ran away, but this must also be hard on some of them too. Alice especially after practically declaring them best friends the second they met according to the brunette. Bella was struggling with as much might as she could muster, hissing and stretching like a wild cat, but ultimately it was useless. Aro took her head while Felix and Demetri removed her arms, almost as soon as she was dismembered Caius set her on fire to ensure that she could not reanimate. He looked far too happy to be ending her life, though I suppose he had wanted her dead ever since he met her in Italy.

It was hauntingly silent. Almost as if time had stopped. There were no more violent cries from Bella, but no sympathy from the witnesses nor the Cullens, after all the betrayal not a single one could muster a sad sound for the young girl. But it was ironic, in a cruel kind of way. Bella Swan feared aging, she feared death and the unknown. She wanted a life where she could live as a powerful being with no limitations on what she could do, she wanted to live forever but only on her terms. She wanted Edward and Jacob as well as the love of the Cullens but that just wasn't possible and she couldn't handle it in the long run. But now it was over it was almost bittersweet. But ultimately Justice had been served and that's what is most important.

"I suppose that has been enough excitement for one day, my dear young friends, until we see you again in Volterra" Aro smiled, in a way that was far too calm and calculated. I would have thought he'd put up more of a fight to take of the witnesses for the guard. But almost just as swiftly as they had arrived, the Volturi had left leaving us to celebrate our victory.

But it was finally time for Felix and I to leave, I had tied up all my loose ends with dad, getting all the details I would need to at least write to him in the future. I had everything I needed to keep in contact with the trio we had come to love so much. But now I almost didn't want to leave, I had told myself that I wouldn't get attached to any of the golden-eyed immortals, they were simply Bella's problem to deal with but I guess I had been kidding myself.

As we arrived at the glasshouse with all our belongings pre-packed I couldn't help but feel the emotion clawing at my throat, however, there were a few more bags than what we had left "I think someone wants to speak to us mia dolce ragazza" Felix whispered placing a kiss on my temple. Leading me out beyond the tree line was Rose and Emmett waiting for us out of earshot of the rest of the clan. I was swiftly brought into a hug by the blonde vampire, returning the embrace I finally had a chance to speak to them alone.

"How are you two feeling?" I asked, the past month or so much have been the most taxing of their immortal lives.

"We're good, great actually now that everything is over but we wanted to ask you something?" She spoke softly like something was weighing on her mind. Trying to reassure the woman in front of me I smiled to encourage her to continue.

"We wanted to come with you when you leave, I think we've both learnt a lot about our family while you and Bella have been here and I don't think we can just keep going along with everything they want all the time, we think that's why Aro let us go so easily at the trial. Emmett and I had already talked about it and asked Dorothea how she would feel about moving, so he knew we were considering joining you anyway" She explained with a hopeful smile on her face.

"Of course you can come with us, why would we say no?" I questioned elated that they wanted to come with us.

"I don't know I just thought after Bella that you might have had enough of us" she joked no longer nervous about our reaction "Speaking of which our flight is soon so we should get ready"

Arriving at Castle Volterra now seemed so surreal, the receptionist had definitely changed to no surprise. Felix took us through a separate entrance as not to be seen by any of the tourists or other humans coming through the building. On our way down we came across a few of the lower guards milling about the halls or those who had no duties that day roaming around because they could.

"Felix, long time no see my friend, and finally you can introduce me to your lovely lady friend" Came the joyous call of Demetri down the hallway his boots clicking against the floor being the only other sound to be heard. "As much as I'd love to stay and chat that all comes later, but first you need to report back to the masters" No sooner had he finished greeting us we were brought to the same massive oak doors that lead to the throne room. It was almost like deja vu coming back to the door however, I know I will become familiar with the sight as I continue to live here.

"Welcome home my young friends, we have much to discuss"

Thank you for reading, the positive comments have meant a lot to me as I've written this book. I might write a sequel at a later date but for now, I will continue on with the two ideas that I've got. The next book should hopefully be published soon~