{15}

Just a brief warning, this chapter involves Rosalie's back story and while nothing is written in detail it does involve the implications of rape and I can understand that this is not comfortable for everybody, as this is a chapter is almost exclusively about Rosalie and her relationship with Lilith, nothing will be lost story-wise if you don't feel comfortable reading this chapter and chose to skip it.

Lilith Swan

Even in everyday life, in the smaller picture where we aren't worrying about Victoria matching an army to our doorsteps, Bella and her two suitors can't help but constantly cause problems. Though this time I will admit it was entirely Jacob's fault. He thought that if he couldn't convince Bella to love him, then he could force her, by kissing her without her consent. Not that I don't believe she doesn't deserve the broken hand, but the sexual assault is inexcusable.

As everyone was crowding around Bella much to her enjoyment, I saw Rose slip out into the balcony out of the corner of my eye, and sick of the other golden-eyed vampires I decided to join her. As I silently shut the door behind me Rose shot me a weak smile. We had gotten along well ever since being introduced to each other, and I was more than happy to keep in contact with the fiery blonde once moving to Volterra. As much as Edward tried to make her out to be a spiteful, vain and egocentric girl, but she is actually very intelligent. And for a woman of her time was absolutely incredible at car mechanics. I found myself learning a lot from her as we spent time together. But before we could begin a conversation Bella decided to so generously grace us with her presence and Rose's mood instantly soured.

"Go blather to someone else about the joys of becoming a newborn" She spat, fire in her eyes.

"Okay," Bella whispered just as awkward as ever. "Rosalie I don't understand what I did to make you hate me so much" she was as stiff as a board and I quite frankly had no idea why she even came out here in the first place.

"Hate? I don't hate you." Rose scoffed in reply "I don't particularly like you, and if your behaviour carries on like this I might begin to hate you, but Bella I envy you" and she gave a brief pause "Well I envy your choice" she finished.

"What? that's ridiculous" Bella was making a poor attempt to hide the glee in her voice causing Rose and I to simultaneously roll our eyes.

"No, it's not. You have a choice. I didn't. None of us did, and that includes Lilith, which is your fault by the way, but you do and you're choosing wrong. I don't care how miserable your human life is" Rose was clearly angry now that Bella just couldn't seem to get it.

"My life is not miserable. It's not perfect. Nobody's life is perfect" I couldn't control the scoff that escaped my throat at Bella's statement. As if her constant begging and whining over her humanity wasn't evidence enough that she thought her human life was condemnable.

"Mine was" Rose stated with absolute clarity. "Absolutely perfect. There were things I still wanted. To be married with a nice house and a husband to kiss me when he came home. A family of my own" Her voice turned soft and longing at the memories of the life she could have once had. "Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him but I was young. I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life, I left a friends house late. I wasn't far from home." As Rose began to briefly discuss what her vile fiance and his friends did to her, I couldn't help the rage and sadness that was burning through my veins. "They left me in the street thinking I was dead. Believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood. Thought he was helping me"

I pulled Rosalie into a side hug hoping to provide at least a little bit of comfort. But even I wasn't stupid enough to believe that this was a type of pain that would just simply go away. It was a type of evil in its purest form what happened to her and it shouldn't have to happen to anyone.

"I'm sorry" Bella spoke unconvincingly like she hadn't even been listening.

"I got my revenge on them" Rose smirked. "One. At. A. Time" Bella started to look nervous now. "Saved Royce for last, so he'd know I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then. Things got better after I found Emmett. But we'll always be this. Frozen. Never moving forward. That's what I miss the most. Possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere. Emmett grey-haired sitting by my side. Surrounded by our grandchildren. Their laughter" That look of longing and sadness washed over Rose's face once more as she leant her head on my own, eyes glossing over with venom. Tears that would never fall. In an attempt to comfort the forever eighteen-year-old I began to rub circles on her back.

"I understand that's what you want" Do you really? "There's nothing I'm ever gonna want more than Edward" Bella pathetically tried to justify herself. I know you just told me that you got raped and murdered in an alley by your fiance and his friends then you were turned into a vampire without your consent and forced to live with a strange man and his not son son for all of eternity before he started to collect kids like pokemon and the only thing you want in life is kids and you now can never have them, but like I want Edward so like get off my case. If I could explode my sister's head in this very moment for her ignorance I would do so in a heartbeat. Cullens be damned. It's like she didn't even listen to anything that Rosalie just told her.

"You're wrong again" Rose tauntingly called. "After you've been changed there's one thing you'll want more. One thing you'll kill for" she continued condescendingly.

"Blood"

Thank you for reading~