"I know I haven't shown myself much back when you were in highschool but it's good to finally meet you m'lady. So she's the one you were waiting for huh, Cammy."

Cam nudged his highschool father to which he shrugged and smiled.

What was that all about?

"It's nice to meet you too sir."

"Please, just call me Greg."

"If you say so."

The King and Queen introduced me to more people like their siblings and cousins.

"Everyone I want you to meet Morgan."

"Is this Lorraine's fiancé? Wow, you are gorgeous darling and you're only wearing a mask."

"Thank you."

Most of them were welcoming which I appreciated but there were some just giving me the looks despite having those masks on and the dim lights. I guess there were many who wants to me to embarass myself.

"Ignore them, they are just insecure," Cam said and as if on cue to save me from the stares, slow music echoed and the King and Queen invited us to have the first dance.

Everyone was waiting for us to go first and I began to feel nervous and the stares.

Cam stepped in front of me then our eyes met. She raised her hand and smiled and I felt at ease.

"May I have this dance?"

I looked at her hand and felt my heart beating rapidly.

No, I wasn't ready.

The music and the soft whispers disappeared and I could only hear the loud ringing in my ears. My throat became dry and I started to breathe faster than usual.

But her voice cut through me, causing me to look at her and feel at ease.

"It's okay, Morgan. I'm here."

I saw my hand on hers and she slowly guide me in the middle of the room and stood side by side, holding hands.

"Just look at me," she said for me to hear and I nod.

The music started and we walked forward, never leaving my eyes off of Cameron. We curtsied and I could feel my knees buckling due to nervousness but she made sure I would be okay. She held me tight and twirled me. I accidently stepped her foot but she just smiled, assuring me it was okay.

Cam talked to me like dancing and talking was a natural thing to do. "This is one of my favorite waltz."

I was having hard enough time remembering what the moves were but she was leading the dance. Guiding my steps and making up for my mistakes.

"There are more?" I asked.

She nodded and I listened to what she said, about how she first learned to waltz the male part then the female part later on.

I was brought back to reality when the audienced clapped and the music stopped. Our first dance was over and the floor was filled with people after she congratulated me. Even the King and Queen joined the dance.

We walked away from the dance floor and I followed after Cam as she showed me a little of what her life was in the palace when she was a kid. She said we could only escape for a little while before people come and look for us.

"Imagine learning everything two times," she softly laughed and made me flutter.

So this was her life. I really never knew her. What she was like when she was young, what she went through.

The only Cam I knew of was the seventeen year old Cam Shaw who didn't know how to socialize. Clueless and I thought stupid. Who hated being around people and was very awkward.

Now I knew how she must have felt when she entered my world. And I was happy and relieved that she was there to help me out.

"What's in here?" I asked, pointing to a big wooden door.

"It used to be my grandmother's office. Want to look inside? She had obsessions collecting telephones. I swear there are tons of them."

We went inside and she turned on the lights. The first thing I saw was the telephones of course. She was right though, there were tons of 'em. She had the one from the 1880s to the ones now.

"Wow," I said, walking further into the room, admiring the different models.

"Told you."

"Thought you were joking."

Cam chuckled as she was following me and briefly naming the models.

"Why does she collect these?"

"My father told me it started because grandfather was always away and she missed him all the time so she bought one of these when it first came up in the market then they would communicate everyday. And I guess she just collected these just to be updated with the trend."

I turned around quickly as soon as I reached the end of the table to the latest ones.

"And you're continuing collecting for her?"

She nodded.

"That's sweet," I honestly said. I wished I got to meet her though, sounds like a lovely lady.

Before I knew it Cam's lips was on mine and I was sat on top of the table.

-

Wow, 100k reads?!

Didn't expect this to reach that much when I decided to write this book one night very lonely af.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. It really motivates me to continue this story.

Just a little more guys and we're all going to have the answers. This book really needs editing xD