Chapter 15: No one is invincible, not even us

*NOT EDITED!

* Finally had 100 votes :D thanks to all of you guys ;) Also, we're close to 2000 views :) can't believe it! It might be not much, but it's a start...

Here's the chapter, enjoy! xx

_________________________

"Gift hunters?" I repeated shocked. "I couldn't believe that having a gift from God could put me in danger. I mean, we help people by telling them about bad events that will happen. Then why some people would want to kill us?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"Because. I've learn that gift hunters were also gifted people. Though, because they aren't as powerful as others or just because they're not happy with their power, they can turn bad and they become gift hunters. They kill people who have more power than them. Do you understand?" Asked me Lucy clearly concerned about my reaction to her revelation.

"Yeah. I get it. So this means that they're kinda jealous of us?" I replied slowly.

"Yeah. It's a way to see things. Take your father for example. He was being successful with his music gift. A gift hunter had the mission of killing him. They probably thought it wasn't fair for him to be so popular because of his great gift." concluded Lucy with a sad smile.

"Okay, but why is the gift hunter interest in Liam then?" I asked my aunt wishing she could know the answer to this question. She seemed to know a lot of things that I don't even know where she got the answers from.

"I don't know... I don't really know this Liam boy. Is there things I should know about him?" She asked me with careful eyes.

"Umm... well, in my vision, he didn't know he was gifted. I thought about it and at first I didn't believe you when you said he might be gifted. But with my vision, that made me think about it and I thought that he might be in danger, so I went to see him today. He didn't believe me. I was mad that he joked about this, so we just dropped the subject. I saw one of his poems. It was talking about a choice he has to make..." It was true now. Liam was really gifted. He might not believe it now, but someday, he'll have to understand that he's like me. Maybe I could go back to being friend with him? No. No way you're letting this jerk back into your life Sam. He sent you in prison for god's sake! He doesn't merit you.

"Sam? Are you okay?" asked me Lucy snapping her fingers in my face. I looked up and I saw concern in her eyes.

"Yeah. I was just... thinking?" I said my eyes drifting to the floor.

"Okay. Well, as I was saying when you were lost in your thoughts, your friend Liam-"

"He's not my friend aunty." I said maybe a little too harsh.

"Okay... Well this Liam boy, is in danger. If you saw the hunter threatening him in your vision, it might be dangerous for him to go to this restaurant. The hunter might wanna kill him even though I don't know why he would wanna do it, because hunters are attracted by gifted people who become known by the whole world, like you father... Maybe he just wants to gain power and he thought Liam was a good choice..." Told me Lucy calmly.

"Wait what?" I asked shock. The hunter would want to kill Liam just to gain power? I thought they already had power, but their gift just wasn't as powerful as ours...

"Sweetie, when a hunter kills a gifted person, it's most of the time because they want to become more powerful, so when they kill the person, their gift become stronger." Explained Lucy in an almost boring tone. I couldn't believe she was so calm about this stuff. I was freaking out! "Liam might be in a real danger sweetheart".

"I know he's in danger, but he didn't listen to me when I told him he shouldn't go to Dreamy restaurant. He kept repeating I was jealous of him and Sabrina, because they were going on a date..." I admitted to Lucy truthfully.