𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN❛ having a hopeful heart ❜

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
having a hopeful heart

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

"I wish that I could have met you sooner."

The eldest Bridgerton daughter spoke with such sincerity to her words that it made Lucienne feel a bit more comfortable in her presence.

It had been almost a week since the party, and to say that things had gotten better for Lucienne in London would not be that much of an inaccurate statement. Maybe it was because she was occupying her days with things she actually enjoyed, whether it be reading with Eloise or talking about anything and everything with Colin. Or maybe it was because Anthony had finally started to warm to her existence and the fact that she was not going anywhere, so he was a tad bit more cordial toward her.

Either way, Lucienne had actually been feeling happy lately, and when Daphne invited the girl over to her home to finally meet, they had not been able to formally meet one another at the party, Lucienne felt completely okay with that, and even the tiniest bit excited. Although once she was there, that was when her nervousness began to prick, but with Daphne's kind words, those uneasy feelings quickly subsided.

"I wish the same as well," The golden-haired girl responded and watched as Daphne cradled her sleeping baby in her arms. The baby boy's name was Andrew, and he was perhaps the cutest baby Lucienne had ever seen. "Colin has said many great things about you."

Daphne smiled almost sheepishly. "You two are very cute together. You both looked so happy in one another's presence at the party."

Now it was Lucienne's turn to sheepishly smile, and a blush crept up on her cheeks as well. Although she had heard a version of that same sentence from almost all of Colin's family members at this point, it was still something she sighed in relief at hearing; it made her feel as if them being together was truly the right decision. However, she wondered if her mindset on that fact would have been altered if none of his family would have accepted her. She figured that what would be done on that matter would be more so Colin's decision than hers. Would he choose her over his family, the family he loved so much? Lucienne was actually unsure of that answer.

But, it did not matter.

Because his family did like her, and there were no tough choices that would need to be made. Daphne's kind and sincere words proved that.

"Have you started thinking about the wedding yet? I can help you with planning if you would like. I did not get to have a fully planned, extravagant wedding, so I will have to vicariously live through you," Daphne told her with a small laugh, and Lucienne politely laughed back.